Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Harness Racing Museums & Collections

Hybrid View

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Thumbs up Bendigo Harness Museum

Noel (Adaptor) provided this link to me in my Visitors Messages (probably because my private messages inbox was full). I never look at My Profile to see Visitor Messages but I wondered what that number next to Notifications was all about - and I am glad I did

Check this out people - this is fantastic! Contains heaps of info, pics ....... A MUST READ

http://www.bhrc.com.au/history-of-bhrc.html

Here is a HRA news room article I posted elsewhere but belongs in this new thread now (But the link above is the must read)

http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=25489

(Noel I have asked TC to move a couple of other posts that should really go in here too)
    Last edited by Messenger; 02-07-2015 at 09:12 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Fantastic is not the word Kev, Incredible and I'll be going for a look next time I'm down south.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Hi all
    Great to get feedback on what we are doing at Bendigo Harness Racing Club.
    We open up the rooms ( 3 at present, but we are looking at ways to expand) an hour before each Bendigo Trots meeting, but can also open up any day, as there is always some one in the BHRC office.

There are some real gems that we have to figure out how to preserve and display .. Mrs Rothackers scrap book for example. A brown paper scrap book with cuttings recording the wins of her husband Vic and 3 sons Des, Eric and Stuart....so there are notes re Gentleman John, Supreme Report, Trinket, Hilton Adios and more.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Wow that book would have to be in a fire-proof glass case Noel! With it scanned you can have a replica for people to thumb through - which can easily be reprinted from your computer db whenever it wears out
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread