Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ADORE ME - we do

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Thanks for that Bailey. That really says it all, but none the less, amazing effort! I wonder what condition the track was when Trigger ran 1.48.5?

aussiebreno
    Saloon Passage runs 1.50.7, home in 27.1 in an M0 and gets beat. Fast track!

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Saloon Passage runs 1.50.7, home in 27.1 in an M0 and gets beat. Fast track!
    That should win any day, the winners previous best was 1.53.6.
    Hang on, the previous M0 record was 1.51.2 by Iam Mr Brightside.....that's 4 records in first 4 races

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    What a gigantic time difference in the stats!! Wow!!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    That should win any day, the winners previous best was 1.53.6.
    Hang on, the previous M0 record was 1.51.2 by Iam Mr Brightside.....that's 4 records in first 4 races
    The winners previous best was when he was 1m behind that previous record
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    And Beautide was just outside record in Inter final as well
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Went down for a look and to catch up with a couple of bonza blokes today......Adore Me, jesus H christ! first three quarters in pretty much 27 flat, 27 flat, 27 flat and then she let her loose!!!!!!! home in 26.5! the most amazing performance by a horse I have ever witnessed...amazing, amazing!
    Us too Danno!! Sorry missed you before you left. Someone very kind took Luke up into the members for that race. He had a prime seat to watch it and glad he did. Thought she had to stop but just kept finding more. A few people standing around me (left in the outer by son) were saying what I was thinking when she kicked clear and race over "Let her run". Guess temptation was to grab hold and ease her down, but let her run she did and that was just breathtaking.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    And Beautide was just outside record in Inter final as well
    Top 3 time for the distance at that track I would imagine.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Received some interesting observations on Adore Me's time on my email - what do you think?

"Take nothing away from an outstanding performance from Adore Me but direct comparisons based on time is folly. The track was obviously in very good order but environmental conditions were outstanding for running fast time when she raced. Low pressure system, temp in the high 30's extremely humid, not a breath of wind and a thunderstorm imminent means very low air density and is exceptionally conducive to fast times-It doesn't get any better.

Smoken Up's record was in race 9 on a night meeting on the 30 of April. Without looking up the weather records I think it's pretty safe to say that even if the track was as good Smoken Up didn't enjoy the same exceptional climatic conditions for running fast time that Adore Me did."

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    Received some interesting observations on Adore Me's time on my email - what do you think?

"Take nothing away from an outstanding performance from Adore Me but direct comparisons based on time is folly. The track was obviously in very good order but environmental conditions were outstanding for running fast time when she raced. Low pressure system, temp in the high 30's extremely humid, not a breath of wind and a thunderstorm imminent means very low air density and is exceptionally conducive to fast times-It doesn't get any better.

Smoken Up's record was in race 9 on a night meeting on the 30 of April. Without looking up the weather records I think it's pretty safe to say that even if the track was as good Smoken Up didn't enjoy the same exceptional climatic conditions for running fast time that Adore Me did."
    As mentioned in previous posts, the track was on fire and yes these conditions could be part of the reason for so many records.

Adore Me toyed with them and deserves her record......question is, what would some of our very speedy past Champs have done under similar conditions. As mentioned before with all due respect to the mares, if the first 8 all bettered 1.50, then could our past Champs have gone world record times.

+ Reply to Thread