Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game gradually dying in the Hunter Valley

Hybrid View

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am almost exclusively a Vic follower Dan but I guess we are talking about the Tritton stable.
    Looking at the trainers on the National Top 20 I see that his strike rate is about 25% but no doubt his success could be much more in the Newcastle area and much lower elsewhere - like the Cramps was in Vic (no inference intended)

In the Top 10, along with Tritton, Hall and Bond in WA are striking at 25% while Stewart in Vic is striking at 35%. You would think with two of them in WA it must not be leaving much to the others.
    Vic is a much smaller state and with harness virtually only in the Western/Central half, Stewart like any other Vic trainer, tends to spread herself around.

There are a few in the bottom half of the Top 20 that are striking at 30% but they only have half as many winners as the big boys and girls for they have had far fewer starters (but seasons most would die for)
    Looking at the Top 8 it is amazing how big these stables are for apart from Stewart, they have all had over 600 starters and as many as 1321 !!!

http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/r...470?d=13062015

It is interesting to note that QLD has 4 trainers in the Top 10, NSW 3, WA 2 and VIC 1
    For the Top 20 we have NSW 7, VIC 5, QLD 4, WA 3, SA 1

I am not sure what we can draw from this simple analysis but it would seem to me that the spread is a little better in VIC

Edit: I just did a quick look at April, May, June at Newcastle
    The Tritton stable has won 5/8, 4/8, 2/8, 4/8, 2/9, 0/7, 0/7, 2/8, 4/6, 5/7, 0/7, 2/8, 1/8
    The zeros were when they had no starters
    Last edited by Messenger; 06-13-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread