Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Punters CAN help Stewards

Member Filly squaregaiter will become famous soon enough squaregaiter's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bruce Dalton

Punters CAN help Stewards

Can punters who are the backbone in many ways of all the racing industries be finally given a “fair go” and in doing so help the stewards in each of the codes to keep the industry cleaner of cheats ?
    Is it not time for punting / owner groups to take Class Action (there would be plenty of legal eagles to help I am sure ) against the Trainers & or Veterinarians that change the result of a race if they have been found guilty of cheating ? I am sure printed on the back of the TAB ticket somewhere down the bottom in 1point print there is a clause that says the “judge’s decision is final” and that maybe the case until such time as the “judge” changes his mind and charges persons who set out to cheat. If found guilty, these people and their animals then lose the race as it stands now with EVEREYONE ELSE winning but the punter or owner who becomes the only losers for no fault of their own. ( including the cheats who have punted their charge and get to keep the proceeds !)
    In 2015 as we have become a society with laws for overzealous discrimination in almost every way in our daily lives, and it seems, do-gooders not only can, but have the right to stick their nose into anything “they” wish to do these days, along with all this political correctness, is it therefore not time for a change for the punter also.
    As I see it, if a group of punters who could PROVE beyond doubt ( tickets/accounts) that they backed the 2nd horse ( that now becomes the winner by the FINAL JUDGES, and so goes with horses down to 5th with exotics) that a class action could be placed against those found guilty. Houses,Property, Banking, Shares & Investments to be sold to settle the multi million $ claims that would also included their spouse's/shelf companies or any change in ownership in the previous 5 years.
    I haven’t had a punt on any TB race for donkeys years so I am not talking out of my pocket about any case in particular albeit the much publicized group at the present time brings these questions into play, but I know that cheating in racing only comes about by those who are greedy so if the $ is the motivator thencan you image the serious “think twice” before doing so, if punters could seek multi millions in dollars in compensation personally from them for their dirty deeds ? , if you add all this to being thrown out of your profession and industry for years or even life ( 2nd offenders there should be no place for them to re enter any gambling sport) I would think it would add quickly to the overall clean out of those not wanted within the industry by anyone and only enhance and aid the job the stewards have.
    Anyone agree, any thoughts J

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is certainly an interesting thought Bruce and we do know that quite regularly the powers that be amend the results after a disqualification and stake-money finds its way to the 2nd horse etc (the rightful winners)
    I would be interested to hear TC's thoughts on class action - he generally has a good grasp of everything legal

Are you hovering around somewhere TC?
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread