Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Harness racing - things that annoy you most

Hybrid View

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers

Harness racing - things that annoy you most

1. Standing starts - just watch them , don't bet or it's less stressful to just flush your money down the toilet. Get rid of standing starts forever
    2. Timing system at Menangle - why can't they show the official mile rate as they pass the post on the time semaphore , like most other tracks , not minutes later AND then sometimes an hour later change the actual mile rate . Gggrr!!!
    3. Losing Mark McNamara to NZ.
    4. Kevin Thompson. Can't stand his race calls. Voice makes me cringe.
    5. People like me always complaining about something and doing nothing :-)
    6. Kevin Thompson again. Kevin , do us a favour , you've had your time and PLEASE retire SOON.
    7. On air harness commentators who think their word is final and no-one else has an opinion.

OK that should start a few rants about what a d...head I am.:-)

There are a lot more serious annoyances than those that bother me. Feel free to add as many more things that bug you as you want. Who knows , maybe someone in authority might actually take some notice........ maybe :-(
    Last edited by David Summers; 06-18-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Member Gelding Zipper will become famous soon enough Zipper's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    The lack of 1000m+ tracks in NSW

The lack of professionalism in the entire industry

John Anderson

The lack of opportunity for young, forward thinkers to take up important racing admin roles to change the future of harness racing

Drivers who hand up to odds on favourites (they're gonna beat you anyway, so at least make them earn it!!!)

Sydney traffic when you are trying to get from the city to Menangle.............

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Harness racing - things that annoy me most

People who complain about losing Mark McNamara :-)

Inconsistant rulings

Only winning the Inter's once every decade

People who complain about losing Mark McNamara

Not being anyone in Melbourne who could tell me how to get to Melton

People who complain about losing Mark McNamara......................................

aussiebreno
    People complaing about people who complain about losing Mark McNamara is really annoying

Flashing Red
    1. Team Driving
    2. Slow sectionals
    3. Whip abuse
    4. Trainers who, despite having an owner who puts their faith in them, gives them a horse, pays their bills etc, have it chopped up for a stablemate owned by a different set of owners etc. Not fair. I don't agree with chopping one up to help another at all - but especially when the trainer doesn't own said chopping block themselves.

I'm bias but I like standing starts. I don't really agree with them for trotters but the trotting pool is so small I guess for handicapping reasons they have to. While I don't feel they shouldn't form a major part of harness racing they have their place and are certainly niche races for some horses. Why shouldn't these horses have some standing start opportunities... I'm glad we still have races such as the Hunter Cup and NZ Cup run under standing start conditions.

Junior Member Weanling Paleface will become famous soon enough Paleface's Avatar
    Real Name
    jon Bon
    1. Betfair
    2. stewards "noting comments"
    3. no early mobile 2yr old races in victoria
    4. blatant abuse of new whip rules
    5. Grubs who get caught red handed doing the wrong thing, then appeal.

aussiebreno

The Menangle timing system is similar to this!!!!

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post

The Menangle timing system is similar to this!!!!
    I'm pretty sure that's a pic of Don Clough.

Junior Member Foal gold-ace will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    1. people who whinge about betfair and standing starts

2. more then 10 horse fields for menangle

triplev123
    I strongly object to having to wear a Welding Mask to the Melbourne APG for fear that I might have my Retinas burned from my head by way of reflected sunlight from Mightymo's snow white pins. It's high time that someone from the Sales Company had a word to him. Perhaps the APG might see to it that he has a couple of pre sale spins on the old Tanning Bed or if not then at least offer a spray on Tan, one that will last for the duration.
    It has to be an OH & S come public health issue. One of those nice brown/orange verging on yellow jobs that make the wearer look as though they've gone jaundiced as a result of a bad case of Hepatitis would be good. Over to you, Mightymo.

+ Reply to Thread