Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Harness racing - things that annoy you most

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Putting political opinions aside here (PLEASE) , I see that a pacer in the 70's was named Rhodes Scholar. Had about as much talent and ability as the aforementioned KB. 3 starts 0 wins 0 Prizemoney.

As this thread has drifted a little , if it was not that I currently have three unnamed fillies , I might consider naming one of them Rhodes Scholar but it seems to be a too masculine name for any of these little sweethearts. I am in the industry for the love of it. Don't care if they never win a race in the future . I am a passionate but sentimental owner , I bred them , I love them. Life's not always about making a quick dollar. I'm a harness man through and through and I REALLY love my sport :-)
    Last edited by David Summers; 08-02-2011 at 08:21 PM.

triplev123
    I always loved a few old Henny Youngman jokes.

The other day my wife told me she wanted to go on Holidays.
    I asked her where she wanted to go.
    She said I want to go somewhere I've never been before
    I said try the kitchen.

or

Take my wife. I take my wife everywhere...but she finds her way home.

or finally

A doctor says to a man, "You want to improve your love life? You need to get some exercise. Run ten miles a day." Two weeks later, the man called the doctor. The doctor says, "How is your love life since you have been running?" "I don't know, I'm 140 miles away!"
    Last edited by triplev123; 08-04-2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: bad spelling

triplev123
    Couldn't resist this one.
    The doctor says to the patient, "Take your clothes off, bend over and stick your ass out the window". "What will that do?" asks the patient. The doctor says, "Nothing, I'm mad at my neighbor!"

Flashing Red
    I know it shouldn't bother me, but it does: people on internet forums who only talk about their own/friends horses, disagree with others when they don't hold them in the same regard and pott their/friends horses opposition. I've seen it on a number of forums, not singling just one out... these people don't offer any other contribution to the online community on any other subject. I don't know, I find it shallow and unprofessional! We all like it when our own horses or our friends horses do well, but what's wrong with contributing to other topics too? And why say negative things about other people's horses that you have to race?

Is this Aussie tall poppy syndrome coming out in me?

triplev123

Reminds me of The Big Mile.

The Big Mile gets like that whenever anyone mentions the North Sydney Bears in a negative way. Don McKinnon whipped it out and took a wizz in the middle of North Sydney Oval while the game was being shown live on National TV...and still The Big Mile defended them.
    Year after year Olsen Filipaina lolled about on the bench and languished in Reserve Grade only to come from out of nowhere to play a blinder for NZ against Australia and still, The Big Mile stood by them. Unconfirmed rumours even go so far as point to The Big Mile having had a life-like tatoo of Mark Graham applied to the right hand cheek of his buttocks.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hey triple I have a tattoo of Mark Graham on one cheek and Mark Broadhurst on the other....................it's the one in the middle that people have trouble recognising.

triplev123
    Sounds like it's Australia's Federal Treasurer, Wayne Swan.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Triple, Wasn't Olsen a Balmain Tiger......5/8 if memory is still right...lol...

triplev123
    Definitely played for at least 2 seasons with TBM's beloved Bears.

Member Filly DAZZA will become famous soon enough DAZZA's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    Things that annoy me the most ...... race 4 Gold Coast last night... races like that. Pleassssssse

+ Reply to Thread