Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Remedial Biology anyone?

Junior Member Foal sushi will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    find a study promoting the use of vitamin c and you will find 5 others saying it has no effect...
    Last edited by sushi; 06-24-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi View Post
    find a study promoting the use of vitamin c and you will find 5 others saying it has no effect...
    I take the results of studies very seriously - they provide wonderful and useful information. I research and pay for many articles online from scientific journals for a wide range of things, studies on the effects of drugs, or amino acids, anything really. But when push comes to shove, personal experience will override anything done (IMHO) in a lab under a controlled environment. Why don't you spend $20 on a book by Pat Coleby called Natural Horse Care - that is where my fascination with Vitamin C started from. She has saved countless and countless of cancer patients (including her own son, who was sent home from hospital to die) and animals with a wide range of ailments with large and prolonged dosages of vitamin c (and sometimes other substances, such as vitamin A). I have also experimented with Vitamin C (and other different substances) on a number of horses that were otherwise going to be euthanised. I (and their owners) had nothing to loose. Either what I did worked, or they were being euthanised anyway. Horses clinics had given up on. I haven't had one die on me yet - the sad thing is, when I tell vets what I have done, they straight away tell me "oh that wouldn't have worked". They don't want to know. It goes against what they are taught and these scientific controlled studies. I have also treated horses with severe internal problems that for one reason or another they have not been able to return to the races. While they may never always return to their best - they get back to the races which is the main thing. You wouldn't believe what works sometimes - a certain old fashioned pot and pan cleaner in small doses actually cures arthritis! I have tried it on myself (bad knees), family members, cats, dogs, horses - works on them all
    Either way, I know from experience vitamin C works. I couldn't care less if every single study in the world said I was wrong. Flashing Red is one of the said examples - after his success there have been numerous others I have experimented on - with 100% success The works of Pat Coleby and Victoria Ferguson are fascinating if you're interested (I appreciate that some people don't agree with alternative therapies, that's OK) - and well worth the money

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    What's a good remedy for a mare who when urinating strains a lot to no avail has a walk around then can go with some straining she is in full work and ready to race all her work is good
    and blood o'k but seems to drink a lot of water approx 30- 40 litres a day at the moment any help appreciated
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Have you sought advice from your vet about this?

triplev123
    Sounds like a Urinary tract come Bladder infection or kidney stones to me Winston. Time for a urine collect & culture and an ultrasound on her kidneys.

Flashing Red
    I agree you should get a vet onto this - the two symptoms you mentioned are both "kidney" related IMHO. An old timer remedy for this is Epsom salts - a couple of tablespoons morning and night in their feed (providing they eat it) does wonders for the kidneys. You can't give this sort of dose long term (normally only for 3-4 days then reduce it to 1 teaspoon a day) as it can damage the covering of the kidneys (I once worked for a galloping trainer who wanted us to put a whole handful of epsom salts in the racehorses water buckets every day - I cringed!!).

Either way, sounds like your mare may have had this problem for a while... while I first would use the epsom salts if one of my own began to shown similar signs, if it continued for more than a couple of days I would be checking with the vet asap and not fiddling around hoping for something to work

If it is an infection, epsom salts won't do anything... but there are other things that will work wonders (but do see your vet first). Inbox me if you want to know anything else Good luck

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Absolutely, do not delay any longer , call your vet onto this immediately. You need professional advice. This can develop into a very much more serious condition if not treated early.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Tried Epsom Salts thanks everyone for your suggestions next stop vet Monday morning
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hi Winston - try Rosehip tea. Boil 1 litre of water and add half a dozen Rosehip teabags. When its cooled down dampen the feed with it or alternately syringe in the mouth. Also use Collodal Silver. Simply syringe the silver.
    A quick way to check to see if it is kidney related is check the mares teeth and gums. If gums are pale and imflammed, it's like to be bladder or kidney.

Real Name
    David Summers
    Interesting advice , but PLEASE , for your horse's sake Winston , keep that vet appointment tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread