Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Ike Frost really the sire of Maori's Idol ?

Hybrid View

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    No prob Kev. However, I doubt whether the great mystery will ever be solved. For my part, I am proud that I was able to stump-up a few grand to buy one of Maori's Idol's best daughters as a broodmare. And she was a PACER. A Tasmanian-bred one to boot with a Tasmanian pedigree dating back to just after the turn of the 20th century.

No amount of DNA testing will ever explain the matter, which is the great romance of breeding standardbreds.
    No amount of breeding investigations/theories/studies will ever resolve the mysteries Trevor, but you certainly hit the nail on the head with the contribution of that great matriarch, there are many sires with many stock left that would not be able to boast the quality stock that she has left.

cheers,

Dan.

PS if Maori's Idol is not by Bank Note I will eat my hat and those of everyone who present it to me, no person with normal vision and an eye for a horse would differ.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    No amount of breeding investigations/theories/studies will ever resolve the mysteries Trevor, but you certainly hit the nail on the head with the contribution of that great matriarch, there are many sires with many stock left that would not be able to boast the quality stock that she has left.

cheers,

Dan.

PS if Maori's Idol is not by Bank Note I will eat my hat and those of everyone who present it to me, no person with normal vision and an eye for a horse would differ.
    Sauce with the hat, sir?

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hahaha

+ Reply to Thread