Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stawell - What were you thinking!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Stawell - What were you thinking!

Good on the caller for making his feelings clear regarding the marquee in the centre of the track that obliterates even his high position view for 10 seconds of every lap

Rumour is that Stawell racing days will be reduced from 12 to 6 - maybe they deserve it on this ridiculous effort OR maybe they are preparing to transition into another industry

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...24#SWC06062409
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I should have realized it was Dan but I wasn't listening through my loop (which I need for clarity)
    For TV viewers they avoid the marquee by switching to the back straight camera but many callers do not like calling off the monitor
    The marquee would obliterate anybody on course's view for quite some time unless they are standing to the west of the stand/bistro - at least Dan's elevated position lining up with the front of the marquee would help reduce his 'blind' time. From the usual undercover viewing area for patrons, the whole side of the enormous marquee is going to obliterate your view for some considerable time around the top bend.
    I am glad I did not go (too many 'trots' races for me)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    ps You have to worry this is a permanent thing as the slab for this has been a long time build
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I cannot help but wonder whether it isn't a OH&S issue, in that it is potentially a considerable obstacle for the Clerks of the Course being able to get to an incident
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread