Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thrown away!

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler

Thrown away!

Is it just me or Rue threw the race away on UK Connection?

Stop looking around up the straight so many times and get more anxious and busy for christ's sake!

In my opinion, not good enough from a bloke driving a lot more winners than most and should expect better from.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    He didn't keep his horses mind on the job until it was too late. If his boss hasn't passed on some choice comments on where he went wrong I am sure our dutiful stewards panel would have reminded of his obligations and as another contributor said the other day his actions would have been duly NOTED! If that was Blake Shinn out at Randwick on a $1.40 hotpot that got rolled, what do you think those stewards would have done???

Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Rue should have thanked his boss for the lovely percentages he earned last night, pity on this one he didn't shine whatsoever and it was a poor effort as I said for a young man who should have known better, not to mention should have respected the fact that he's the odds on favourite.

I agree with your comments, I'm sure his boss Mr McCarthy would have had some sharp words with him!

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    He didn't keep his horses mind on the job until it was too late. If his boss hasn't passed on some choice comments on where he went wrong I am sure our dutiful stewards panel would have reminded of his obligations and as another contributor said the other day his actions would have been duly NOTED! If that was Blake Shinn out at Randwick on a $1.40 hotpot that got rolled, what do you think those stewards would have done???
    A couple of days ago you were on the other side of the argument Brad. When a top Hollywood director has a blockbuster on his hands, he doesn't keep it in the family or the bloke next door, the guy cleaning his pool or the bloke doing his gardens (and Wife : ) They assemble the appropriate people to put on the best possible product / show. What's it to be ?

Rue wasn't claiming a concession either by the looks of it. Should he of been on in the first place ? He was beaten at Goulburn the week before at $1.20.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Hi Robert. I think? you are referring to my rebuttal of your call for more professional drivers in the 'U B the judge thread' where I defended our up and comers. I haven't shifted one iota from that position and I back LCL's comments word for word. I just call it as I see it without slandering anyone. Nathan observed young Rue may have thrown a race away and I concurred 100%. I put it down to youthful lairising. He wont be the last, but he learnt a lesson last night. (Haven't read the stewards report). You may recall that Matty drove two pearlers of races prior to his poorly judged drive. He then just got Lettucerocku home in a scrambling finish after that. The horse probably got home only because Mat never stopped driving him and you would have to think someone had been in his ear prior to it. If young Rue was not performing, how long do you think McCarthy would keep him.

My mantra is safety, transparency and consistency...thats all.

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Hi Robert. I think? you are referring to my rebuttal of your call for more professional drivers in the 'U B the judge thread' where I defended our up and comers. I haven't shifted one iota from that position and I back LCL's comments word for word. I just call it as I see it without slandering anyone. Nathan observed young Rue may have thrown a race away and I concurred 100%. I put it down to youthful lairising. He wont be the last, but he learnt a lesson last night. (Haven't read the stewards report). You may recall that Matty drove two pearlers of races prior to his poorly judged drive. He then just got Lettucerocku home in a scrambling finish after that. The horse probably got home only because Mat never stopped driving him and you would have to think someone had been in his ear prior to it. If young Rue was not performing, how long do you think McCarthy would keep him.

Agreed they were excellent drives but he's the most spoiled concession driver in the history of the sport at present : )

Real Name
    Nathan Butler

Did you notice Mr McCarthy punch out Our Sixpence, beating Mr Rue by some 12mtrs a couple of races later? Maybe a "do as I do" to young Rue? Hahaha...

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Parker View Post
    Agreed they were excellent drives but he's the most spoiled concession driver in the history of the sport at present : )
    I'd also say he would be the best concession driver at the present time.

Real Name
    Brad Leach
    You can almost hear him say "this is how you do it kid" as he left him behind.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    I'd also say he would be the best concession driver at the present time.
    By the length of the straight Mango.

+ Reply to Thread