Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saucy Legend

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker

Saucy Legend

1.55.7 for 2550m !!

I spotted the Byford Trial and nibbled at the 151 & 38 after looking at his bio, so I was thrilled with the performance. Even more so after I spotted the time. 2008 to Mid 2011 is a wash for me mostly, I was abroad so I know very little about the horse.

Did the Fitzpatrick's drive him tough ?

It sure looks like the Halls have sharpened him up, piled the work in.

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    He won the Newcastle Cup in 2009. Connections declined the invitation to the Miracle Mile in favour of targeting the 2010 Interdominion in Sydney. Unfortunately he was injured (in the paddock I think), a cut that became infected and it took a good 9 months or so for him to get back to the track. He hasn't seen much luck since.
    I was a big fan of him, a good cruising speed and fairly tough too. Certainly belongs in the Grand Circuit at his best. However I think his best might be behind him (I hope I am wrong).

It was great to see him firing in the Harvey Cup and if he was mine I would leave him in the west. Plenty of tasty low hanging fruit to pick up in the FFAs over there for him.

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Thanks G-Mac. They put plenty on him the other night and followed it up for the Inters. In as short as 25-1 with a couple of outlets, 40's the remainder. I like what I saw the other night. If he draws a gate in a couple of the heats he'll give them a shake for sure.

Senior Member Colt G-Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Glen McWilliams
    Horses
    Jewel Castle Diamond Castle
    I agree with that HP. Draw a gate at GP and you have half the battle won.
    One of the oweners is a really nice bloke and I would love to see him do well considering the bad luck they had a couple of years ago.

+ Reply to Thread