Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thorpedo

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando

Thorpedo

Whatever happened to Thorpedo when he finished racing .Were any foal's bred by him ? Where is he now ?
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Whatever happened to Thorpedo when he finished racing .Were any foal's bred by him ? Where is he now ?
    Just looked him up Greg, Thorpedo has sired one foal, a 2010 colt from 'Acytelene", not too sure where Thorpedo is now, maybe someone else can help out there. BTW, that family of the mare "Acytelene" has a bit of depth if you look further than the recent past.

Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    It can be a small world at times! I actually transported that foal of Thorpedo's down to Neil Wardles about 4 months ago. He and his mother were on a place just out of Blayney. The foal is small, but Thorpedo and Acetylene could never be classified as big, so he threw true to his genes. The wonderful thing about him was his nature. He loaded real nice for a first timer and travelled through one of the worst hail storms that I have ever been in on the mountains without a drama. Was told that Thorpedo is still about, but neither Todd or Neil are in a position to stand him at stud and unfortunately there are no commercial studs that want him.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Like It Is I, his similarly very talented VIC counterpart, Thorpedo seemed to be haunted by soundness issues, which again like It Is I, were IMO from his immediate family/damline. I can remember Doc Wilson driving the horse as a 2yo. It looked like a world beater at the time.

+ Reply to Thread