Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Cullen

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando

Charlie Cullen

Congratulation's Phil on your win today at Bathurst. The girl drove him well today.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Greg I presume you mean "strong persuader by a differnt name? Congratulations

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Congrats Greg. Great result.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Thanks Greg, Dot, and perhaps Jaimie
    Was a nice pickup for all concerned as the lovely lady that owns him is to have some exploratory surgery tomorrow on some mystery problem that has had her in and out of hospital for a bit lately. She phoned me last night to say that it was the best medicine she had gotten in a good while.
    We took Charlie on the same day we won at Forbes with Happy Magic, it has taken a little over three months and there have been some setbacks along the way, but it sure as hell was nice to see him salute and confirm my opinion that the horse did have a win or two in him, even though he had had near 40 starts for only 4 minor placings beforehand!
    On the subject of nice drive, I wasn't thinking that when she sat quiet whilst they walked a third quarter in 32.8 after going a 66.2 second half! I was thinking that Charlie couldn't sprint good enough to get back in the picture, but I am glad that I was wrong
    I actually think that things started falling into place a few weeks back and was reasonably confident of a good result the previous run. If you have a look at this run when Cynthia actually got the bugger to gallop by trying to snag him in too quickly, you'll realise that we were getting confident that the horse was getting near to a good result. He started at the juicy odds of $130 for the win on that night, yesterday $25.40, so I guess a few had also noticed how good an eighth place can be at times!
    Cynthia has taken up a job with Shannon Springs Standardbreds, been there a bit over a month, has driven a winner for them out of 3 or 4 drives, and now landed her 3rd winner on Charlie, so she has gotten off the ground flying, 3 winners in her first 4 and a bit months of driving, and rest assured her two for us have been on horses that are a long way short of champion status , so she must do something right. I would hate to admit how long it took for me to drive my first three winners It was something like six or seven years to get the first
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Good for you Phil and family. Many congratulations!!

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Congratz Phil....well done

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Greg I presume you mean "strong persuader by a differnt name? Congratulations
    Yeah sorry Dot i should have put his user name as well .
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    A little bit more...........Kevin Thompson adjudged Cynthia's drive to be the 'Drive of the Night'. So she picks up a nice $25 voucher at Elies Cafe in Bathurst.

This Saturday night, the stablemates clash in R1. Cynthia has elected to drive Charlie Cullen, and she did have the choice I pick up the reins on Happy Magic!

I never thought Cynthia would pick Charlie over the other boy........ah well, will try and show that the teacher still has some lessons to dispense to the pupil The trash talk on the day will be interesting
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Good luck Phil, here's wishing you a stable quinella.

Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Good luck Phil, here's wishing you a stable quinella.
    That would be a bit rich Not that we won't be trying for it and take it if it comes Realistically, just hope that one of them is able to sneak in to a place and both run a good race. I got another shock today, the Trotguide rang Cynthia for an interview, a fact she didn't reveal until we had read the article, but I had a phone call from the local Bathurst paper for a preview on how our horses would go tomorrow! I summed it up as they are both rough each way chances and that seeing as how I was following Cynthia out, that I had spent the last few days teaching Happy Magic to reach out and bite the driver in front of him

+ Reply to Thread