Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nothin' up my sleave...PRESTO! No Report.

triplev123

Nothin' up my sleave...PRESTO! No Report.

The Penrith Stewards Report from last Thursday, September 29th seems to have vanished from the wesbite? Strange.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Abracadabra .........It's now back on the website! http://www.harness.org.au/nsw-stewar...orts-index.cfm

triplev123
    Hmmmm. Of course, one is left to wonder if perhaps it underwent any significant changes whilst away?
    Perhaps there is no reason for concern and it merely put on a Batik Sarong, lit up a few incense sticks & 'found itself again' at one of those 'discovery' weekends?

triplev123
    I was right. Just checked the orignal version vs the latest version...and it has broadened its horizons. That's a good thing mind you, the more information the better, but once again, like the apparent folly of enforcing gear change notifications whilst at the same time not making any mention in the Stewards Report...for example...of the role that the Murphy Blind played in performance of that mare of Nicole Mollander's the other day at Menangle...how is any Punter that looked at the original version of the Penrith Stewards Report from September 29th going to know that there's a Mk 2 now available?

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Back to the Gorilla in the room.Was I correct in thinking the much awaited enquiry into bent stewards was to start yesterday and if it did,what do we hear?

triplev123

"Smile, you're on Candid Camera."

G'day Ron. I haven't heard anything at all about yesterday BUT I did ask around today re: the CCTV vision thing that David had raised and apparently that is not from Menangle as such...rather it is said to be from a Pub out that way where various dastardly deed doers met, where various scripts are alleged to have been agreed upon and where the post race whack ups are said to have occurred. The alleged 'consorting' for want of a better word, is apparently large as life visible on a rather unfortunate modern day NSW Harness Racing version of the late, great Allen Funt's Candid Camera Show. I very much doubt however if there'll be any sort of positive reaction from the aforementioned dastardly deed doers to that most famous of all catchphrases..."Smile, you're on Candid Camera."

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Thanks Jaimie for the CCTV info , that it was from the local Pub and not from on-course Menangle CCTV. Still I'd love to see a copy of it!

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Thanks for that,nothing explosive yet then.

triplev123
    I kind of doubt anything like that'll ever happen Ron. The reason I say this is because I doubt there's anything waiting in the wings to appear that's not already either suspected or known by the investigators, both Police & HRNSW. Rather together and seperately they'll just methodically work it through, those involved will ultimately be respectively removed or moved on by either the Law or by Regulatory, in the interim the Industry will move on & in the longer term, as crazy as it sounds right now, it will actually be far better off for the experience. The crap that was going on was a Cancer and the current investigation...it is the much needed Chemo.

Junior Member Yearling coldshot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rebecca Taylor
    Occupation
    Teacher/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    Thanks Jaimie for the CCTV info , that it was from the local Pub and not from on-course Menangle CCTV. Still I'd love to see a copy of it!
    From the Sunday Telegraph, At The Track of 2 Oct - I had to cut & paste and retype because the link is only partial; you have to register to see the whole article, etc etc

'Investigators have requested CCTV footage from the bars at Tabcorp Menangle Park with a belief those involved in the alleged drug-betting scandal were operating under the noses of harness racing authorities. As the heat starts to turn up in the wideranging investigation rocking the sport, At The Track can reveal Harness Racing NSW requested footage from the NSW Harness Racing Club on Friday, which controls the race meetings at the south-western Sydney track. Menangle is one of many venues around the state that has been requested to supply CCTV footage to the governing body. Vision taken in the Macarthur Pavilion at Menangle was sourced showing persons of interest placing bets at the tote window. It is understood that the transactions correspond with the phone and betting records of those being investigated. Ironically, the Macarthur Pavilion is situated at the base of the stewards' tower, where the chief authority would watch each race at Menangle. No participants are in the footage, rather punters and owners believed to be linked to the syndicate.'

+ Reply to Thread