Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Three Cheers for Goulburn!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs up Three Cheers for Goulburn!

A race for 2C0 Fillies Only and another for 2C0 Colts & Geldings then a 3C0 Fillies Only and another for 3C0 colts and geldings and all this on the same program. Nice one fellas.
    If only a few more clubs would now take a leaf out of your book and do the same, as in program races that seperate the sexes. Pretty to watch Mark. Keep up the good work.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Not to mention the C0 4yo & older Mares & another C0 4yo & older entires & geldings. You've floored me Mark, you've floored me mate.
    I feel like I'm in some sort of parallel universe where someone's finally using a bit of insight & some common sense when writing their race conditions. Btw...full fields for 11 races too no less. How long has this been going on?

Banned Weanling Airds is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    John Jackson
    Go goulburn show the rest how it should be done, goulburn always has a great racing atmosphere love the track and club, wish they raced more often there.

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Best card I have seen for a long long time.Will be some value here.

Senior Member Colt Mark Croatto will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mark croatto
    Hey fellas, thanks for the words of encouragement. We're trying to do our bit, hopefully we keep it on the right track.

Given the weather conditions we have experienced this last week it is amazing we even raced today. It was only Friday evening that we had water flooding around the track, thankfully the rivers were flowing well and it didn't take long for it to drain away. What's more amazing is the perfect weather we were blessed with today which resulted in some pretty good efforts. Overall I thought the racing today was quite good with a couple of distinct highlights. One of these was the win of Grand Stride. Rated 1:55.9 and unbelievably you could have got $3.80 fixed odds. A number of solid 1:57 rates but likewise a couple of shocking races where they went that slow they were all climbing over each other, needless to say a few got out of their gear.

Anyway, couple of meetings left for the season with our last on the 14 May featuring a few good races including $15k 3yo heats of the Breeders Challenge (fillies and colts/geldings), $7,000 heats of the Menangle Country Series (C0/1 & C2/3), $7k Tom Hewitt Memorial and the $10K Goulburn Sapling Stakes. Plus the usual C front races for fillies and mares (for you Jaimie) and so on.

If any of you get the chance, make the trip down the expressway, we're not that far away, in fact, a comfortable one and half hours from Campbelltown

Regards

Mark Croatto

Real Name
    John Jackson
    I hear the meeting was fantastic and had solid fields in all 11 races on the card, quite a number of people told me they would much prefer goulburn then menangle , bookies on course, great catering, great racing atmosphere and they would rather travel the extra hour or so from menangle to goulburn to have a good day at the races, they say there is no atmosphere at menangle and love to see them race on a weekend at goulburn. Well done to the club

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Great drive Lauren Panella on "Im Le Freak"!

Real Name
    John Jackson
    Send a message to hrnsw, have more meetings at goulburn

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    Hi Mark,do you have hospitality packages for the day?

+ Reply to Thread