The other day triplev used the name "Frank Marrion" in one of his posts. Didn't know who that was so did a search and think found person. Found article on harnesslink here;

https://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=66501

where a Frank Marrion interviewed. Always interested in breeding chat so had a read of it. Have a Life Sign 2yo filly that might breed from one day so particulary interested in the bit of the interview relating to Life Sign mares as per following;

"I would have no problem breeding say a Life Sign mare to American Ideal.

The latter is a 4x3 Rasmussen to sisters in Angel Hair and Ambiguity through his sire Western Ideal and dam Lifetime Success being from the same family, and Life Sign is a grandson of Ambiguity.

That foal would therefore have three crosses to K Nora and have a 3x3 double up to Three Diamonds, but as I would consider her a ‘superior (mare) individual', I would consider that a plus given that the foal belongs to a different maternal family.

That foal also provides for a 4x3 reverse sex cross to Abercrombie and a 4x4 paternal cross to Direct Scooter, which looks like a lot of crosses or linebreeding, depending upon your preferences for that terminology, but it is actually a nice balance of matching the speed factor of Direct Scooter and the more genuine characteristics of the Abercrombie line.

What I wouldn't do though is cross a Life Sign mare which hadn't possessed any ‘top end' speed to say a son of Artsplace to result in 3x3 line breeding to Abercrombie."

But got question. No mention of any particular mare in interview. Just "a Life Sign mare" as above. I printed out American Ideals pedigree and printed out my Life Sign fillys pedigree and lined them up and then re-read above. Can understand everything said in above but not the "and a 4x4 paternal cross to Direct Scooter".

Direct Scooter not in Life Signs pedigree anywhere so how can be a 4x4 cross to him?