Roll With Joe

Thread: Perfect Luke

Threaded View

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by Drivemecrazy View Post

Crap - Sorry Nathan, you are totally correct. I was thinking Todman and Noholme Dont worry about me! (I will have to read Midas man -- I was not aware TJ was that hands on when younger, would be a good read) - So scrap that part of my post.

BUT I still stand by the well trained horse, is easier to handle, and make turning it in to a winner that much easier..

Wholeheartedly agree with the highlighted point for 99% of good quality/champion horses. (The 1% will always be there for expemptions! Hahahaha...)

How many times do you hear a trainer say, "Ohh if I could just get this bloke's head right, he could be anything..." Those horses end with terrible records/careers mainly down to manners.

A lot of it is still I believe in the education. We rush breaking-in these days to get them up for futurity series because they show raw, natural ability when sometimes, it would have been far and away better long term to take longer and a more patient approach to their education, yes potentially forgoing some early money.

The horse fails early and is deemed' mad and the trainer wants to sack it, yet let the horse be a horse early and break it right, nice and steady and things may well have been vastly different.

As for the 'Midas Man', brilliant read and I'll treasure mine for the rest of my days as it was signed by the great man himself, TJ Smith before he passed away.
    Last edited by Old Frank; 02-03-2012 at 12:42 AM.