Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
I didn't call it a "cheat lane" or imply that BUT if MF or any horse has to work around not up the inside it makes a difference to the outcome of any race. Not like BAF drifted of the fence and driver did not straighten her horse.
Your comment is spot on.......up the inside is the shortest way home......the fence runners have already had the advantage of the shortest trip, then an inside run as well!....they should take their chance like the rest of the other runners! Most of the time they get it........if they don't, it is not the greatest tragedy of the century!

I have already given enough examples of why the sprint lane is not fair.........I have not heard one decent argument for them! Bathurst is on trial?? What does this mean?.....We are introducing it!.........Of course it does!...............It's just like "the recession we know we are probably going to have!" No matter how big the track is, the leader and fence runners have the advantage.....you've just increased the chances of these horses filling the placings! Draw a bad barrier, and you have just about done your acceptance fee, and punting money! There is no incentive for drivers to bust their guts from bad barriers, as they now have to beat 2 leaders!!!!

Just because ViC & QLD have decided to cop out with sprint lanes.......don't let us follow their pitiful lead!