Hello all, I am a “newbie” to the forum and would just like to introduce myself to this particular thread as I am passionate about the trotter (is there any other real gait in harness racing)
I am most interested in the breeding side of things and I thought it very interesting that at Maryborough ( the trotting capital of Victoria) the winner of the 1st race AMARULA NZ is out of a NZ bred Sundon mare who has been a very moderate producer at best with 8 named foals and 4 of winners ( including AMARULA who has won more than the rest of the family already), however, it is the stallion that makes the real interest I think. The stallion is “our own Victorian based” Bacardi Lindy who is a much underrated stallion and this mating took place when he was sent to NZ to stand for 2 seasons before coming back here to stand.
The loss of those 2 seasons has still not taken too much toll on his ability as a stallion in the numbers game as he is only a few dollars short of the “average $ per 3yo starter” behind the much publicized Angus Hall so all looks good for him, they all seem to trot well and clearly the best is yet to come.