Quote Originally Posted by JanellePeter View Post
Hi
I am a race analyser (Just to clarify before I start). This debate is circular and I agree with both points of view. There will be times you will be duded by a sprint lane or duded by no sprint lane. What the industry needs is fair racing. That's what I want as an analyser. If that what you want then start listing what your version of fair is. Here's my list:
No interference or blocking, every horse gets equal opportunity at the start, pace can't be dictated by a horse just because it can run the first 100m fast to get to the lead, no position in running should have an advantage or disadvantage.
Now use that criteria to design how to race. There is a very simple answer:
2.5km straight track, 14 lanes (all start on front), stay in your lane - Then you will see the best horse win which I hope is what we all want to see.

Not good for viewing on course I hear you say between the laugher of the idea just presented.
Here's a novel solution - Build a moving grandstand! Put the stewards and cameras on it and you will get great viewing on course and at home.
I probably have you rolling around the floor with laugher by now - And if I do, I guarantee you are one of the people continuing to accept the same thing and debating the same things and getting the same results.
Be brave, think outside the square and you might just get surprised.
Where you getting cash from.to build all these tracks?

Straight race no variation means horses times will be exposed and more able to be guessed correctly leading to shorter priced faves and boring 'racing'.