Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: First the Stands, next the Mobiles! Bring it on fellas.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Brendan can you please show me were Danno or anyone else mentioned what others did with their 2yr olds ,The topic was the merits of racing 2yr old and the effects on their future racing.

Your example of the horse that starts later in life only ever being a C3 is a Stupid analogy as how do you know it isn't another Be Good Johnny ( didn't race till 5 or 6 ) that goes on to win 2 Miracle Miles

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post
    Brendan can you please show me were Danno or anyone else mentioned what others did with their 2yr olds ,The topic was the merits of racing 2yr old and the effects on their future racing.

Your example of the horse that starts later in life only ever being a C3 is a Stupid analogy as how do you know it isn't another Be Good Johnny ( didn't race till 5 or 6 ) that goes on to win 2 Miracle Miles
    You are correct; Danno didn't mention it. I didn't mention it directly at Danno towards anything he had said. It was about trying to find middle ground; one set of people can race at two and be happy with it while another set of people can race later and be happy with it. The point was there is so many positives and negatives and many based on opinion rather than fact that as David Summers and Admin alluded to its tiring!

And my analogy of the C3 isn't stupid...I said two horses of EQUAL ability eg they reach the same class. If Be Good Johnny did start at two who is to say he wouldnt have been capable of winning a QBred and still going on to win 2 Miracle miles anyway? Do you know why he didn't start until later? He started at 4 FWIW.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minuteman View Post
    Hi Trip V,were you moonlighting on 2ue this afternoon with G Hughes talking about Arthur Beetson? If not there are 2 Triple V's around.Lordy, Lordy.
    [VVV] Nah, not me mate. I've made the odd irate call to 2GB & Ray Hadley and I was once fortunate enough to have been a studio guest with Macca on the ABC on Sunday mornings but no, I haven't made my way to 2UE. Btw, Macca is a really great bloke. One of the best experiences of my life. He genuinely loves this country and its people.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    My apology Brendan you did say of equal ability must have missed that in my hast to jump on you , a bad habit of mine. And you are probably right about Be Good Johnny as I was too lazy to check but was sure he was a late starter. I, like everyone else is tired of this merry go round , so we'll all agree to disagree .

CHEERS DENNY

triplev123
    I've forgotten what we were arguing about Breno. What was it again?

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    I've forgotten what we were arguing about Breno. What was it again?
    Damn! I just get back and you blokes have all thrown the sponge in...looks like I win!!

Jamie, the porkies shot was wrong, my blue and yes I'm sure we are not going to change one anothers opinions, not on this forum anyway but I reckon you oughta read some of the stuff you write ( eg response to Daryl New) and read it as if you were the one receiving it. Your style is a bit confronting and provocative in my opinion.

thats why people chuck bombs back at you

cheers for now

Dan

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Damn! I just get back and you blokes have all thrown the sponge in...looks like I win!!

Skip to 2.02.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

Jamie, the porkies shot was wrong, my blue and yes I'm sure we are not going to change one anothers opinions, not on this forum anyway but I reckon you oughta read some of the stuff you write ( eg response to Daryl New) and read it as if you were the one receiving it. Your style is a bit confronting and provocative in my opinion.

thats why people chuck bombs back at you

cheers for now

Dan
    [VVV] Confronting and provocative is Ok. I'll take that as a compliment. People tend to chuck bombs when they run out of ideas. I've done it myself but try very hard these days not to.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    [VVV] Confronting and provocative is Ok. I'll take that as a compliment. People tend to chuck bombs when they run out of ideas. I've done it myself but try very hard these days not to.
    My experience is that people chuck bombs BACK at you when you've been doing more than your share of the chucking. So can you respectfully take that as whilst you may be trying very hard so far it's not a complete success. No one has run out of ideas here sport.. like it's been said we ain't gunna change each other's minds in this space.

triplev123
    G'day Dan,

For whatever reason, people being outraged on behalf of others is without doubt the fastest growing Industry in Australia at the present time. I know Daryl. Daryl knows me. We've spoken on a few occasions over the years just as I have with John Heath. I knew and much admired John's Uncle, the late Charlie Parsons. That's how far back it goes. I always enjoy talking to John also. He's a wonderful walking encyclopedia of the Industry. We agree on some things, disagree on others. I tend to think that a large slice of nostalgia rather than the cold hard facts of the present colour quite a bit of what Daryl and John think about some aspects of the Industry but it did with Charlie as well and I am guilty of much the same as far as other Industry issues are concerned. Ultimately we're all basically the sum of our experiences, be they good, bad or indifferent. The one thing that Daryl, John, yourself and myself all have, as does virtually everyone else who spends time & effort on this forum...is a great & burning passion to see Harness Racing not only succeed but flourish. That's the one peice of common ground we all share. Onwards & upwards. I'm off to help a mate do some fencing.

Regards

Jaimie
    Last edited by triplev123; 12-02-2011 at 11:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread