Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Smoken Up and Im Themightyquinn accept Miracle Mile invitations

triplev123
    By rights I really shouldn't be happy that Breno's taking the heat from Denny now instead of me, I really shouldn't...but there is a piece of me that is somewhat relieved. I'd be lying if I said it was not so. Now if only Dan would see his way clear to line up on old mate Ringman for a piece, I'd be free as a bird.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    The sole reason I'd like ALL of the MM contenders to have had to race in one of the lead up events is that the fans will get to see them more than just a once off, a fly in, fly out basis. These are supposed to be very best horses around & yet we only get see them face off maybe once in a blue moon.
    Hey Triple
    You say you would like to see all MM contenders have at least one race in a lead up race so the fan's get to see them more than a once off, if i recall correctly your a fan of the new Inter from 2013 which is the complete oposite which is a fly in fly out basis. May i ask why the difference of opinion on these race's.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    I reckon lead up races should stop at 2 weeks prior to the MM. There is only a small percentage of horses that will back up 100% in 7 days after a gut busting mile.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    Denny if you want me to agree TTL's run was terrible.Then yes, it was a shocker (and too bad to be true). If you want me to admit I was wrong in thinking he deserved an invite to the MM, don't hold your breath. I'll put this article back up for your benefit. Oh and by the way ITMQ doesn't deserve a run in the MM this year after his Vic Cup run either then! I'm not even sure why we are trawling over this again for anyway. It is an invitation, so every year there is going to be opinions and debate. And unless you work at NSWHR, your opinion and my opinion are worth exactly the same. Even VVV's! For the record ( and it may sound like I'm contradicting myself), but I like the NSWHR having discretionary powers in who they want in the field. It has unearthed some great horses in the past Chokin, Jack Morris to name just a couple. But I still feel TTL should have got an automatic invite on his NZ Cup win.
    Hi Leigh

Please don't for one minute think i'm trying to bag T T L because that is the last thing i'm going to do , he is a very nice horse and i'm sure we'll see a lot more of him in the future.
    The whole point I was trying to make ( before getting barraged with garbage from Brendan) was that I could see why they elected to ask them to bring the horse to Syd rather than risk giving a horse that had not raced behind a mobile for so long.
    I have read the article you posted and whilst the panel agreed that the format was flawed ( I believe they were referring to only having 2 discretionary spots and as ITMQ and SU were going to get those ) not that T T L was entitled to a spot in front of those two horses.

Also I think the fact that he hadn't really been known as a mile type horse would have influenced their reluctance.

Leigh I think your statement about I T M Q not warranting a start in next years MM is a little cheeky ,so I wont take it too serious.

aussiebreno
    [QUOTE=A BIT DUSTY;14975][QUOTE=aussiebreno;14966]
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post

Can anyone out there HELP POOR OLD BRENDAN . I think he is struggling to comprehend simple language.

You are missing the whole crux of my point and that is
    On he's currant form he had no mobile form and anyone that has half an idea about horses (and you obviously don't) would have great concern as to why that was so.
    So as a precaution the panel has played it safe and said come over and have a run if he goes OK we'll issue with a start.
    Now your ridiculous statement about me agreeing with on the travel clause only reinforces my already dwindling opinion of your harness knowledge.( just on that subject Brendan would you please, just for my amusement publish your expertise in training pacers) It actually proved that T T L is a horse that did not have what it takes to compete at that level, at this stage of his career

If my memory is correct he couldn't win the Cordina sprint that was not half as good a field that we had in the M.M Surely that justified the panel's decision.

How about this clanger Brendan

Not that there are any qualifications; but how is a NEW ZEALAND journalist qualified to talk about a race in SYDNEY. I'd be disapointed if Greg Hayes spent more time worrying about the NZ Cup than races in NSW.

Is this the ramblings of a desperate man or what, since when do where you live have any bearing on your knowledge of an Industry , Brendan are you saying wayne bennett wouldn't have a clue about rugby league anywhere else in the world, or Bart Cummings wouldn't know about N.Z racing , if you think Greg Hayes would be more interested in run of the mill races here in Aus while the N.Z cup was on then your are even more ignorant than I had previously thought .( and that is saying something).

This the absolute Icing on the Cake

but that article actually had more things that side with me than what side with you

All your ramblings have been how hard done by Terror To Love was to not get an automatic invite .
    All the article is about is why he wasn't hard done by and the reasons for it.
    But in your fantasy world you come up with that conclusion THAT'L DO ME
    For one that wants to sprout about the comprehension of 'simple language' I thought you would have been able to at least produce that simple language.

Nevertheless I will continue on topic. You are putting words in the mouth of the NSWHRC. Never did they express queries about his form. They apologised for the criteria and said we are sorry but please show up in the Cordina and we will put you in barring a below par performance. Heck, a shocking performance may have still got him in, it did so for 2 other runners. Your main man Geurin even says something along the lines of this -
    "And while nobody will admit to it, Terror To Love was as good as invited last weekend.
    His connections would have been told as long as you turn up in Sydney this week and don't disgrace yourself in a lead-up race you will be starting in the Miracle Mile."

You want to question my harness knowledge; yet something I knew straight after the NZ Cup was later confirmed 2.5 weeks later when TTL got his invite. I knew he was good enough. The Cordina 2nd is testament to this. What other 2 horses could have knocked TTL out of a spot?

Geurin is saying TTL wasn't hard done because the conditions (with the 3 auto invites) were set in stone ages ago and basically ITMQ and Smoken Up are better than him. That wasn't my gripe, my gripe was with the conditions. Geurin even says the conditions 'may need tinkering'.

I could dig deeper into the Geurin article, but it actually suits my argument moreso than yours.

Also, Lucky Camillas Lovechild, posted the article I was earlier referring to. Dumesny has admitted things needed to change because it was wrong. Why can't you Denny? Just see something I post and immediately choose to disagree with it because its written by me?

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hey Triple
    You say you would like to see all MM contenders have at least one race in a lead up race so the fan's get to see them more than a once off, if i recall correctly your a fan of the new Inter from 2013 which is the complete oposite which is a fly in fly out basis. May i ask why the difference of opinion on these race's.
    [VVV] Sure. I much prefer to watch the best Open/FFA Class horses around line up and go at it hammer & tongs over the Mile as compared to watching them race under an ID format, be it the traditional one or the new one. That being said, I happen to enjoy juvenile racing more than anything.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey

I knew he was good enough. The Cordina 2nd is testament to this. What other 2 horses could have knocked TTL out of a spot
    ? Ran Last beaten 40 mtrs you sure are a good judge

Dumesny has admitted things needed to change because it was wrong. Dumensy said it was flawed not wrong ( there is a huge difference)

Dumesny said it was up to individual trainers to devise how best to make the field - and if they chose to put all their eggs into one basket and rely on an invitation they set themselves up for disappointment.

"Look at the Butt brothers, they sized up the situation and sent Raglan round in the Newcastle Mile and now he's in. And they chose to run Lisagain in the Coca Cola, in preference to the New Zealand Free-for-all to give him his best chance."

[B]When asked how it looked that the best horse in New Zealand was not in the event, Dumesny replied: "We think we've got the best horse that raced at the cup carnival, Smoken Up. You didn't mention this bit

"There's no way you could put Terror To Love in front of I'm The Mightyquinn and Smoken Up." YOU DIDN'T MENTION THIS BIT EITHER

I could dig deeper into the Geurin article, but it actually suits my argument moreso than yours. There you go of to fantasy world again
    Last edited by A BIT DUSTY; 01-04-2012 at 07:03 PM.

aussiebreno
    Mango makes a good point.

This should imo be the Miracle Mile criteria.

Winners will be exempt from:

Sunshine Sprint QLD
    Legends Mile VIC
    Chairmans Sprint WA
    NZ Cup
    NZ FFA
    A mile race in each of Tassie and SA
    Cordina

8 horse field.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post

I knew he was good enough. The Cordina 2nd is testament to this. What other 2 horses could have knocked TTL out of a spot
    ? Ran Last beaten 40 mtrs you sure are a good judge

Dumesny has admitted things needed to change because it was wrong. Dumensy said it was flawed not wrong ( there is a huge difference)

Dumesny said it was up to individual trainers to devise how best to make the field - and if they chose to put all their eggs into one basket and rely on an invitation they set themselves up for disappointment.

"Look at the Butt brothers, they sized up the situation and sent Raglan round in the Newcastle Mile and now he's in. And they chose to run Lisagain in the Coca Cola, in preference to the New Zealand Free-for-all to give him his best chance."

When asked how it looked that the best horse in New Zealand was not in the event, Dumesny replied: "We think we've got the best horse that raced at the cup carnival, Smoken Up. You didn't mention this bit

"There's no way you could put Terror To Love in front of I'm The Mightyquinn and Smoken Up."

I could dig deeper into the Geurin article, but it actually suits my argument moreso than yours. There you go of to fantasy world again
    If you are judging TTL by the Miracle Mile run then shame on you.
    Flawed/wrong whatever it needed changes. Those flaws would have seen TTL in the field straight away.
    I'm not begrudging Smoken Ups or ITMQ invitation....
    Fantasy world...never heard of such a world. Do you live there or what? You seem to know a bit about it.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Mango makes a good point.

This should imo be the Miracle Mile criteria.

Winners will be exempt from:

Sunshine Sprint QLD
    Legends Mile VIC
    Chairmans Sprint WA
    NZ Cup
    NZ FFA
    A mile race in each of Tassie and SA
    Cordina

8 horse field.
    [VVV] I think you're onto something Breno. Which Mile races in Tassie & SA would you nominate?

+ Reply to Thread