Thread: Dominatin

Banned Yearling candykisses will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    cassie dodds
    Occupation
    stablehand
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Everyone knows my thoughts on LM.

The way I see it. The standardbred has been evolving into a faster but weaker horses similar to TB in a lot of ways. Harness trainers have not changed their training methods for the past 20 yearshow could you possible know that unless you get around to every trainer and observe their methods and now they are behind the eight ball not to an obvious extent until now. LM is so far advanced on any nsw trainer it's not funny.I think everyone agrees ,although there is a lot of discussion on how he is achieving those advancements . All the big owners no that and have moved there horses. That's always going to happin it's an open market.

In regards to people leaving the sport. When Harold park was sold harness racing changed there business plan. One of the long term problems for harness racing has been its inability to attract the punters dollars. One of the reasons is because of inconsistent form. Inconsistant results in alagations of wrong doing. Weekend warrior trainers and drivers can't deliver consistent form. So if they don't have a 80 to 100 % strike rate like Luke their not consistent?

One of the key objectives was to attract interstate horses and trainers. That is why there have been large prize money increases at the top end but lower end country races have seen prize money stay the same or in some cases reduce.

NSWHRC Chairman Rex Horne announced major prizemoney increases for NSW.
    UNBELIEVABLE - those were the words most were uttering following a major announcement in relation to prizemoney increases at Tabcorp Park Menangle today by the New South Wales Harness Racing Club.

All class of horses are catered for, with the elite through to the country performed pacer and trotter.

On the back of the sale of Harold Park, NSWHRC Chairman Rex Horne announced that close to six million dollars would go into prizemoney from June 30 this year which will be incorporated into stages.

The second stage (1 Jan 2012) of increases will have the most impact with the Miracle Mile going from $500,000 to $750,000, the NSW Derby and NSW Oaks up from $100,000 to $200,000, the Ladyship Mile from $100,000 to $200,000 and the same for the Len Smith Mile.

NSWHRC have also added a further automatic qualifier to the Miracle Mile in the Popular Alm Sprint, which will carry $75,000 in prizemoney. A week later the Cordina Sprint will increase from $50,000 to $75,000 and the same for the Bohemia Crystal.

The Chariots of Fire will hold its worth at $200,000 but there are increases in the qualifiers such as the Paleface Adios and Hondo Grattan from $20,000 to $40,000.

There will be 180 heats staged through the country circuit worth $8000 each with the finals to be run at Tabcorp Park Menangle being Metropolitan free. To be eligible horses much reach a certain criteria.

No horse stabled within a 100 kilometre radius of Tabcorp Park Menangle will be eligible and those horses must have been in its regional NSW stable for a period of at least 28 days.

Penrith (Renshaw Cup), Newcastle (Newcastle Mile) and Bulli (Linden Huntley Little Memorial) will all be given an additional $50,000 for their feature meeting to run metropolitan class support races.

I wouldn't class this as staying the same or declining

Large numbers of small stables are hard for stewards to regulate (see other thread on disqualified persons) another reason the putters dollar has fallen.

So the future.
    The clubs in Sydney need to be reduced to 2 now and 1 with in five years.
    Country Clubs need to be reduced to 3 bathurst wagga and newcastle.
    The number of nsw based drivers needs to be reduced to about 20 ( there is only 3 that cut it and 2 of those may or may not be back.
    Sydney based trainers need to be reduced to about 10 and the interstate satellite stables at menangle. why not just 1 or 2 so we could see some real competitive racing?
    The breeding industry needs to be killed off all our horses can be sourced from interstate and NZ as already racing stock.
    How about we kill off all breeding and just have those electronic trot races that you see in the pub's and club's
    So some may call it dominatatin but I tend to think of it as evolution. This will be the future and there is no room for hobby trainers and weekend warrior drivers so don't be worried about people leaving harness racing instead tell them to take a mate with them.
    evolution ?? more like Hallucination to me

CASSIE

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Quote Originally Posted by Starship Captain View Post
    Hi Peter,
    Sorry to jump in here but from your last post I would take it that the trainers you speak of are already broke, and so what has changed since LM has arrived?

Training fee? Could a young person expect to make any sought of a living from training, and how many horses would you need?
    Your not jumping in SC, should have said spare cash & have duely changed my wording. Since LM has arrived the money they live on has been slashed, if every one had plently of that their would be no drug cheating etc. They may not be totally broke yet but it could be heading that way IMO.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Maybe we should give LC the credit he deserves, I recall a couple of seasons ago in Qld when father John was way behind Dixon on the Metro Training Premiership until LC returned from US and he turned it all around. They started to win 3,4,5 races a night and won so many John won the Metro Premiership. He is that good. I recall the announcer saying team Mccarthy are unstoppable.

Member Yearling craig will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    craig fritz
    Dont often comment on this forum but have had enough of reading some of the dribble that goes on in these pages. Some of you are whinging about Lukes success and how it is bad for the industry in NSW. Well i look at it another way. It is good for the NSW industry. Why, because it means the trainers and drivers down there are going to have to lift there game to be competitive, as simple as that. Luke is out training and out driving everyone at the moment. And with the quality of horse he is able to get his hands on, he would want to be winning. It is funny how people say how weak Qld racing is, well if that was the case then why dont the McCarthy's win every race they entered up here. I have always enjoyed racing against them as it gives me a good guide on how i am going as a trainer. Now i am no big name trainer, but i sure as hell am not scared to turn up and race against them or any of the other trainers in this state. I look at it, as a challenge to me, to improve myself not only as a person but as a trainer. I dont go home and sit in the corner of my room sucking my thumb, rocking myself to sleep when i get beaten. I go home and look at the ways i can continue to improve my training and management of my horses. If i have questions then i go to people like the McCarthys and ask for advise. Far to many people want to take the cheap option of attacking someone from behind a computer screen rather then getting out there and trying to improve themselves.

Now maybe it is the NSW industry that has had the weak racing for a number of years now and Lukes success is pointing that fact out to you all like a sledgehammer to the face. Now some of you are crying poor to what Luke is doing at the moment, well you better start getting use to it. It is only a matter of time before other big name stables start to have the pressure from their owners to make the move to NSW as well. If any of the other bigger trainers decide to make the move then dont worry about been only able to run seconds and thirds, because if you dont take up the challenge to improve yourselves then you will only be running to make up the numbers.

With the scandel that is currently rocking the industry in NSW, you should be thankful to have someone like Luke there to help promote the code. With the money that will be on offer in NSW now, it is only a matter of time before more big names arrive on your doorstep. This can only be good for the code and will help it grow from what is it darkest chapter in its history. Just remember, you can all jump up and down and say how much certain people in the industry have damaged the code with there actions over the last year or so, but you also have to realise that alot of the comments that are put up on public forums like this can also have just as big an impact on what people think about our code and can do just as much damage. Think about what you are saying before you start to make silly comments that are based on factless opinions.

It is all good to jump up and down and wave your arms about, screaming how hard done by you are. But unless you are willing to go out and make a difference for yourself, dont go whinging when others do.

Sorry about any spelling errors and please dont expect me to reply as this took far to long for me to type as it is.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hey Craig - Good on you with your comments above. Nice to see at last a post that is in some way positive. Good stuff.
    Ray

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Bravo Craig,great post!

triplev123
    VERY WELL SAID. Nice one Craig.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Well done Craig. The time and effort you put into your post was well worth it.

Banned Yearling candykisses will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    cassie dodds
    Occupation
    stablehand
    Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Dont often comment on this forum but have had enough of reading some of the dribble that goes on in these pages. Some of you are whinging about Lukes success and how it is bad for the industry in NSW. Well i look at it another way. It is good for the NSW industry. Why, because it means the trainers and drivers down there are going to have to lift there game to be competitive, as simple as that. Luke is out training and out driving everyone at the moment. And with the quality of horse he is able to get his hands on, he would want to be winning. It is funny how people say how weak Qld racing is, well if that was the case then why dont the McCarthy's win every race they entered up here. I have always enjoyed racing against them as it gives me a good guide on how i am going as a trainer. Now i am no big name trainer, but i sure as hell am not scared to turn up and race against them or any of the other trainers in this state. I look at it, as a challenge to me, to improve myself not only as a person but as a trainer. I dont go home and sit in the corner of my room sucking my thumb, rocking myself to sleep when i get beaten. I go home and look at the ways i can continue to improve my training and management of my horses. If i have questions then i go to people like the McCarthys and ask for advise. Far to many people want to take the cheap option of attacking someone from behind a computer screen rather then getting out there and trying to improve themselves.

Now maybe it is the NSW industry that has had the weak racing for a number of years now and Lukes success is pointing that fact out to you all like a sledgehammer to the face. Now some of you are crying poor to what Luke is doing at the moment, well you better start getting use to it. It is only a matter of time before other big name stables start to have the pressure from their owners to make the move to NSW as well. If any of the other bigger trainers decide to make the move then dont worry about been only able to run seconds and thirds, because if you dont take up the challenge to improve yourselves then you will only be running to make up the numbers.

With the scandel that is currently rocking the industry in NSW, you should be thankful to have someone like Luke there to help promote the code. With the money that will be on offer in NSW now, it is only a matter of time before more big names arrive on your doorstep. This can only be good for the code and will help it grow from what is it darkest chapter in its history. Just remember, you can all jump up and down and say how much certain people in the industry have damaged the code with there actions over the last year or so, but you also have to realise that alot of the comments that are put up on public forums like this can also have just as big an impact on what people think about our code and can do just as much damage. Think about what you are saying before you start to make silly comments that are based on factless opinions.

It is all good to jump up and down and wave your arms about, screaming how hard done by you are. But unless you are willing to go out and make a difference for yourself, dont go whinging when others do.

Sorry about any spelling errors and please dont expect me to reply as this took far to long for me to type as it is.
    Craig
    Are you for real ?Trainer's like The Fitzpatricks , The Turnbull's,The Hancocks,The Day's, Jason Proctor , Denis Wilson, Anthony Bucca, Joe Rando Darrin Binskin, etc , Between them they have won every race worth winning, Now suddenly they can't compete ?

My partner have been holidaying at Port Stephens and decided to go to Maitland Trots on Sat Night , as Letusrocku turned for home a punter behind us started Booing ,after the race my partner said what's up mate did you back a loser ,He then produced a ticket out of his pocket and showed us that he had bet $200 on the winner ,he went on to say it was the first time he had felt disgust at backing a winner. Over the next half hour or so I have never seen so many well known and respected harness people looking at each other with raised eyebrows and shaking their heads. I wouldn't dare print what some weir saying.

I know some may be just shooting of at the mouth, and it is so easy to label them all as crying poor, but I think any one who isn't just a little suspicious are in the minority.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Cassie

You mention all those trainers and right in doing so as they are great trainers in there own right, but to be honest with you how many of those trainers are being handed horses that have already proven themselve's. Let's be honest owners are sending horses Luke's way it's not Luke chasing them and for one minute don't think he take's every horse he is offered he picks and chooses the one's he want's and the one's that he thinks will suit his training style. Before Luke made the trip down to Sydney how many horses did he actually train as i'm not sure but i do remember Slipnslide, Fluer De Lil, For A Reason and Mr Feelgood and the first 3 he had from yearling sale's time. The other question for you would be how many of them trainers have owners with the $$$$$ behind them as Luke has at this present time as a guess i'd say not many and how many of them trainers jump on a plane every so often and head to N.Z for a couple of day's to drive horse's that are for sale. People might raise there eyebrows and shake there heads but i'm sure they wouldn't be if they were getting the racing stock he is.

+ Reply to Thread