Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thrown away!

Banned Gelding Stonie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Paul Stone
    Occupation
    Concretor
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Parker View Post
    A couple of days ago you were on the other side of the argument Brad. When a top Hollywood director has a blockbuster on his hands, he doesn't keep it in the family or the bloke next door, the guy cleaning his pool or the bloke doing his gardens (and Wife : ) They assemble the appropriate people to put on the best possible product / show. What's it to be ?

Rue wasn't claiming a concession either by the looks of it. Should he of been on in the first place ? He was beaten at Goulburn the week before at $1.20.
    Hmm Betfair......???

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Parker View Post
    A couple of days ago you were on the other side of the argument Brad. When a top Hollywood director has a blockbuster on his hands, he doesn't keep it in the family or the bloke next door, the guy cleaning his pool or the bloke doing his gardens (and Wife : ) They assemble the appropriate people to put on the best possible product / show. What's it to be ?

Rue wasn't claiming a concession either by the looks of it. Should he of been on in the first place ? He was beaten at Goulburn the week before at $1.20.
    Robert I just had a look at the Goulburn race that you referred to and it was a competely different state of affairs. UK Connection sat outside the leader, was driven to the lead on the bend and was driven out as you would hope a $1.20 fav should have been. They ran a new track record with a MR 0f 1.55.2 He was knocked off by a horse that sat cold and outsprinted Rues horse which had done all the work. What you may not be aware of is the horse that set the hot pace in that race and subsequently finished ten lengths behind the 2nd last horse, Skippers Canyon, is the subject of an ongoing inquiry and has been stood down under rule 183. Rue in this case did everything he possibly could and was the victim of circumstances out of his control. Stonie, however with his posting of "Betfair???" would be licking his lips as the stewards go over the betting trends. Thats just to set the record straight.

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Please find the following stewards report - not a peep said to driver M.Rue who is on a $1.40 pop, who I counted had nine (9) sustained looks around from the top of the lane, at no time appearing to be over anxious in his approach home and get's beat a head and not at least a question raised!

This absolutely baffles me because if he was a jockey, Murrihy and his men would have marched him in for at the very least a please explain.

As it stands, the blind mice have fined him for slow opening quarter, yet being an odds on shot, I would have thought the question was entitled to be asked for perception of punter protection.

I don't know, maybe I'm seeing something just not there, but truely, that astounds me!

RACE 4 – SEW EURODRIVE PACE – 2300 METRES

The winner of the event AVONNOVA was subject to a post race urine sample.

Horses UK CONNECTION NZ and JACCKA TWAIN NZ were both subject to pre race blood testing.

The driver of UK CONNECTION NZ (M Rue) was fined the sum of $100 under Rule 162(1)(y) for failing to adhere to the sectional times in that he ran the first quarter of the last mile in 33.2.
    Last edited by Old Frank; 01-30-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Member Gelding NormanS will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Norman Schwarz
    Occupation
    Franchise Owner
    Horses
    Love This Dragon, Aussie Melody, Love Th
    [QUOTE=Old Frank;16411]
    I would have thought the question was entitled to be asked for perception of punter protection.

I don't know, maybe I'm seeing something just not there, but truely, that astounds me!

[QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one. I would prefer the stewards ask the question in this situation. Or at least note that something was observed in their report.

Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Cheers Norman.

I mean in the context of the situation, it's a more than fair question.

Member Gelding NormanS will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Norman Schwarz
    Occupation
    Franchise Owner
    Horses
    Love This Dragon, Aussie Melody, Love Th
    In the context of this one, yes they should have asked the question i agree. On the whole if you thinks it looks bad, i think it looks bad, the bloke next to me says the same thing. Then something in the race looks bad even though it might not be. The stewards should ask the question or something be noted in their report.

Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanS View Post

In the context of this one, yes they should have asked the question i agree. On the whole if you thinks it looks bad, i think it looks bad, the bloke next to me says the same thing. Then something in the race looks bad even though it might not be. The stewards should ask the question or something be noted in their report.

Well said, 100% with you.

+ Reply to Thread