Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Tabcorp Park Menangle prizemoney increase

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    [VVV] Kevin kicked the tin for an increase to that too didn't he?
    Nice one, whatever the case and whomever is responsible. It does me no end of good to see the formerly much & widely despised Racing Queensland slip from Bob mode into something that's clearly much more constructive. Well done one and all.
    Jamie I believe the RQ rebate is for all unplaced runers at TAB meetings and that Kevin has personally doubled it for the Albion Park monday "trial" meetings for the month of July. I'm not a punter as such but will happily throw a little on each week up north in support, afterall I'll have just as much an idea of the form at Albion Park as I would at Menangle on Mondays for July.

aussiebreno
    I didn't deem this worthy of a topic so am lumping it in here.
    http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-pr...0712&state=nsw $25,000 July Stakes. For non placed horses from earlier meetings at July.
    Does this strike anybody else as rather odd?

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Yes it seems a bit different Brenno but apart from being a bit strangely worded I think it is a good idea, to be eligible you have to have participated unsuccessfully in 2 metro meetings at Menangle in July beforehand, there are only 2 metro meetings at Menangle in July before this one. I'm not sure if this is an attempt to reward a different set of participants or if there is a concern about numbers nominating for this meeting. Still I think it is a good idea to give those who missed out previously a chance at the cash. Perhaps it could be expanded to monthly with runners having to have participated at 2 out of 3 previous meetings in the month, this might expand the horse pool so that M0's (generally more plentifull) could be accomadated seperately to M1/2's

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    There used to be something similar run in Tassie whereby they'd have a 'horses balloted from...' condition attached to certain races. Sometimes it would be for the full $ and sometimes it would be for 'R' grade $. I think this a very good idea. That's someone thinking about how best to support the Industry & those within...rather than how best to line the pockets of TAB shareholders, often at the expense of all and sundry.

+ Reply to Thread