Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Someone's been reading the rule book?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    For an experienced horseman it's not very hard to do...while conversely it's really hard to prove. It's much the same as the reason why a horse that is on the lead and starts to drift late in the stretch almost never drifts out of the path of a horse coming from the rear...and instead drifts into its path...as in hanging to the inside if the closing horse is coming up the pylons and hanging up the track if the closer is coming at it to the outside.
    I'm a complete bozo in the bike, I sit like a 125kg bag of Chaff, and even with my modest abilities I can make one drift about if I wanted to & you'd be pretty hard pressed to see it.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    For an experienced horseman it's not very hard to do...while conversely it's really hard to prove. It's much the same as the reason why a horse that is on the lead and starts to drift late in the stretch almost never drifts out of the path of a horse coming from the rear...and instead drifts into its path...as in hanging to the inside if the closing horse is coming up the pylons and hanging up the track if the closer is coming at it to the outside.
    I'm a complete bozo in the bike, I sit like a 125kg bag of Chaff, and even with my modest abilities I can make one drift about if I wanted to & you'd be pretty hard pressed to see it.

The best way to stop them drifting is uphold a few protests just ask Robbie Morris.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    True, but that brings me back to Stewarding by the Tote Board.
    Didn't Robbie drift INTO the path of the fav?
    If instead Fitzy's horse was poking through at 40/1 and Robbie's was the fav...what price it was upheld?
    I reckon 100/1 & blowing like fat man running up stairs.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    True, but that brings me back to Stewarding by the Tote Board.
    Didn't Robbie drift INTO the path of the fav?
    If instead Fitzy's horse was poking through at 40/1 and Robbie's was the fav...what price it was upheld?
    I reckon 100/1 & blowing like fat man running up stairs.
    What Like this race you mean
    Final Results - Race 3 BATHURST 29 March 2008
    PRICKLY PEAR BATHURST GOLD BRACELET FINAL
    Race code: BHC29030803 Stakes: $40,000 Gait: PACERS Class: 3YO
    2,130 METRES MOBILE START
    Pl Horse Prize-
    money Row &
    Br TAB
    # Trainer Driver
    ( C = Concession ) Mgn
    (m) Starting
    odds Stewards'
    Comments
    Expln
    1 VISTA BELLA $20,000 Fr6 6 C A Turnbull C A Alford $ 20.50 INC PL1U M 6 BL 6
    BAY FILLY 3 by BADLANDS HANOVER USA out of OUT OF SIGHT USA
    Owner(s): C Bamford, K L Bamford
    Breeder(s): C Bamford, K L Bamford
    2 WEONA BADGIRL $8,800 Fr2 2 P R J Fitzpatrick B P Fitzpatrick SHFHD $ 2.20 fav SGS SOUP L1OP D/F$200 SG M 4 BL 4 SWAB
    3 CHERI CULLEN $4,800 Sr1 8 B J Hewitt B J Hewitt 3.70 $ 16.90 M 3 BL 3
    4 LEADING LADY LOMBO $3,200 Fr5 5 P R J Fitzpatrick C J Fitzpatrick 22.60 $ 70.50 M 9 BL 10
    5 KEPT FOR PLEASURE $1,200 Sr3 10 S M Hunter M P Jackson 24.00 $ 3.40 M 7 BL 8
    6 HEART OF AURORA $400 Sr2 9 A S Turnbull A S Turnbull 25.50 $ 51.60 M 5 BL 5
    7 BURNING STATURE $400 Fr1 1 M T Hewitt M T Hewitt 31.50 $ 8.90 SGS M 1 BL 1
    8 ARMIDA $400 Fr7 7 G M Seymour A M Siejka 37.10 $ 44.70 RRSU OPS 3W M 8 BL W1
    9 ALL IN BABY $400 Fr4 4 S M Hunter A R Ruggari 38.10 $ 110.50 SGS TIRED M 2 BL 2
    10 LADY LEXUS $400 Fr3 3 P R J Fitzpatrick G J Fitzpatrick 56.00 $ 6.50 HIAS CB M 11 BL 7 (L)
    Scratchings

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    2008?
    Geeze VOR, you know...Bruce Springsteen wrote a song about that sort of thing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Just wanted to find a protest 2 V 1 in a black type event in NSW that was upheld ..... I can not be held responsible for history.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Ah yes, this is true. May I suggest that you print out the page & press it in a heavy book alongside any four leaf clovers you may happen to find...for that sort of thing is is just as rare a commodity.

+ Reply to Thread