Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
A French sireline (Revenue S) and a maternal line tracing to Evensong combine to win The Hambletonian and another branch of that damline that moved over to the Pace a fair while back produced current 3yo filly Major Look, the winner of The Mistletoe Shalee earlier last month plus a recent stakes record smashing win in The Adioo Volo at The Meadows only 5 or 6 days ago.
Hi Triple V - I have a broodmare by Forrest Skipper from this maternal line (a pacer). Have had the mare for ages (she won a couple in country Vic) and I bred from her before I knew as much as I know now - looking back I probably shouldn't have bothered. (She actually comes from a long maternal line of unperformed stallions with very little talent in it but much further back as you say there is plenty of talent in that maternal line especially the trotting lines).
Her foals grow into great looking horses though but none of them so far have shown much. She has a big black three year old by Metropolitan who shows something but we cant seem to get him right. Just got a filly weanling by Safari from her. Hopefully a better quality of stallions will help her produce something that shows ability. She had a lovely big Peace of Art filly who injured herself before she started racing and I just got her in foal to Gotta Go Cullect. Thinking that the Direct Scooter influence might help the family. She is linebred to Tar Heel so there is some broodmare sire talent in there amongst it. It's interesting to look back at the previous breeding decisions in the family and wonder why.