Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitobliss Vs ITMQ

Senior Member Colt Chariots will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ray Coote
    Was New Zealand with two heat wins and beaten in the final by a horse that returned a positive swab a mirage?

Member Yearling Toni will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Prescott
    P plater - do you think Terrorway wouldnt have found the line had he not received cover from Mach Alert? In watching the replay Mach Alert was pulling and did seem to contact the gig in front of him a few times so I can see why he went wide.

Cant wait to see what happens in the Vic Cup - should be a very exciting race to watch. Will also be interesting to see how well Bitobliss pulls up from this hard run and whether he will be right to back it up.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    P plater - do you think Terrorway wouldnt have found the line had he not received cover from Mach Alert? In watching the replay Mach Alert was pulling and did seem to contact the gig in front of him a few times so I can see why he went wide.

Cant wait to see what happens in the Vic Cup - should be a very exciting race to watch. Will also be interesting to see how well Bitobliss pulls up from this hard run and whether he will be right to back it up.
    Toni, I notice in the stewards report Luke stating the horse was pulling hard but stayed in and you mention contacting the gig in front.....timing is everything

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Bailey, I wish you had posted your tip a bit earlier the other night, Terrorway (in my book the forgotten horse). Watched him at AP when he was first up in the Be Good Johnny Sprint and got bloused in around 1.52 something after doing a heap of work. He has then gone under twice to his stablemate Washakie who is absolutely flying at present. Then he gets put away for Cranbourne and I didn't give him a second look. More fool me, hats off to J. P. McCarthy thats a great training performance. I think looking at anything sinister into the drives of Mach Alert and Terrorway is simply a fantasy and deserves to be ignored. Had a quick look at Terrorways runs this time in, they have all been super performances but there was a moment in the back straight at AP in the Qld Pacing Championship when Luke was about to cross on Washakie, he took a look over the shoulder to see who was coming and then a second look to see who was on that horses back. Guess who it was and who was about to get the death chair, JPMc of course. That was just good vision by Luke as far as I am concerned and the most questionable act by the stablemates, but there was absolutely nothing in it.

Well picked Bailey, I hope you had something on him. Bitobliss looked like he was going alright underneath Mach Alert on the top turn but all that pressure finally told. They ran an amazing time. Does anyone know how Bitobliss pulled up? I would like to think he will be there for the Vic Cup.

aussiebreno
    Bitobliss fine to race in Vic Cup. Awesome news.

Member Yearling Toni will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Prescott
    How exciting - cant wait to see the draw

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Wait no longer, heres the draw, pace is going to on from the get go.

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm?mc=MX151212#7

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    On first look this could be really setup for horses drawn to race with a sit. Lance will go round them and put the heat on at some point. I think Sushi & Washakie look good value at the moment. Interesting to see what he does with Quinny??

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    On first look this could be really setup for horses drawn to race with a sit. Lance will go round them and put the heat on at some point. I think Sushi & Washakie look good value at the moment. Interesting to see what he does with Quinny??
    Quinny should get into the running line pretty easy and it doesn't matter if he ends up one one or one out and six backs it won't matter too much. Probably end up close to last.

Too me it's a two horse race. Terror way if he can lead easy enough should win. Quinny if they go even moderate pace can probably sprint over the top. With the McCarthy attack you can see terror way getting an easy enough run but then with Smoken Up and Bitobliss and others you can't see it being a soft run affair, which will allow ITMQ to sprint over the top.
    Bitobliss, Washakie, Smoken Up could conceivably win and most of the field could conceivably place. Of course I'm lacking in knowledge of NZ form though.
    I couldn't back Quinny at his current price but will be cheering him on!

Senior Member 3YO Mitch will become famous soon enough Mitch's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mitch Lenaghan
    Brenno,

Hall Jnr may be forced to go forward off the arm otherwise if he ends up in the running line he may be forced to come 3 wide early or risk being pocketed! Remember everyone in the race will be out to beat him. I reckon his best bet might be to burn off the arm and then hand up to Smoken Up. He should then out sprint them up the inside via the lane?

The draw makes for an intriguing tactical battle. Going to be a cracker race!

+ Reply to Thread