Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: For a reason 1:50!!!

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    German, please expand on "he did only join it at the 400."
    I just don't understand your thinking on that concept...
    I understand how you got that impression his run before but after doing what he did this time I really don't get what u r meaning if it's relevant to this sub 1:50
    I think he is comparing FOR against a run of Smoken Up who does it at both ends. FOR races like IMQ

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by german View Post
    Maybe I was a little wrong it was a pretty impressive run yet again off the back of a 55 first half. And he did only join it at the 400. I'm sure he will be very hard to beat if within striking distance And gets cler running in the M.M

[VVV] A landmark Southern Hemisphere performance, damned with faint praise.

Banned Weanling german will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    marty Johnson
    I have said it was a great run. Although FAR was aided once again my Lauren panella running a 55 sec first half if that does not happen FAR would have been 3br and driven for luck. If you watch the replay he sits quietly on the fence only emerging at the 400 metre markj and commencing a run into the straight. If that was a miracle mie field the death horse would have been able to keep up therefore highly likely there would have been no run. I have said FAR will be a great chance in the MM BUT wiull need to take a cold sit and hope to get a run or receive a hectic pace and hope he can get clear running on the turn and finish off. I think your tunes will change in a race where the sectionals are mpre evenly based in a high quality field where runs arnt presented to Slackas sitting 3br...

Real Name
    marty Johnson
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    I think he is comparing FOR against a run of Smoken Up who does it at both ends. FOR races like IMQ
    Exactly Im the mighty qiuin another tail coat rider needs speed on and races run to suit. He is a champion but needs help in his races. Smokin up a true champion help or no help he wins hands down!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Marty you need to stop wriggling - your apology would seem to be under extreme duress LOL. No matter what FOR does in the future - he has run 2 brilliant races. And please stop wriggling - IMQ is a champion but you even manage to downgrade this praise by adding that SU is a 'true' champion. LOL
    You must be bloody fussy about who you keep in your barn
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    No doubt in my mind there will be a hectic pace and that's exactly what the MM is all about, A speed contest. Some horses just can't hoof it out of the mobile like Smoken Up or a Mach Beauty etc. As far as a cold sit or joining in at the 400 is concerned, the horse must still be running along. FAR has come from behind yes, but he hasn't just fallen over the line, he's bolted in, winning in milestone times. Generally a race that's run at break neck speed is suitable to a horse that's coming from behind and luck in running comes into the equation yes, but it still has a be very good to achieve this. Kev, I think squirming would be a better word.

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    Marty, can I please refer your attention to the Miracle Mile run on 28th April 2013. The winner Baby Bling sat 3 pegs. So your theory of being unable to get out is well, quite questionable. You seem to have quite twisted logic. If the leader runs the first half in a Miracle Mile in 58 does that not mean that they are being helped? To question Quinny, well three Interdominions tells me that you way off the mark. Don't forget that the horse coming from the back need to cover more ground than the leader and generally have to negotiate more traffic than the leaders. No doubt Smoken Up is a champion and he may be your favourite but the fact are Quinny is in the same class and certainly Smoken Up is no better.

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    As I stated earlier in this post I just hope Beautide gets an invite to the Miracle Mile. It beat For a Reason 3 starts ago and considering that he lost 10-12 metres when he locked wheels on Saturday night his real time was in the 1:50s. Really love the way this horse does his thing, he seems to have an amazing amount of bottom.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Beautide very impressive on Saturday night. Great to see a horse from Tassie in the mix.

Real Name
    marty Johnson
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Marty you need to stop wriggling - your apology would seem to be under extreme duress LOL. No matter what FOR does in the future - he has run 2 brilliant races. And please stop wriggling - IMQ is a champion but you even manage to downgrade this praise by adding that SU is a 'true' champion. LOL
    You must be bloody fussy about who you keep in your barn
    Not sure what you mean my wriggling. Ive explained myself. 2 great race both off farcial first halves. When he goes to the fron and runs a sub 150.0 please get back to me

Closed Thread