Roll With Joe

Thread: breaking in the score-up

Threaded View

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Hi Adam, This is a real tough topic, some horses have the ability to overcome a break and still run a very good race or even win it. If we are talking level playing fields, the best way would be to pull the horses up and have a restart, if the same horse offends again it should be scratched. I always liked the NZ system were the breaker goes straight to the ODM. I'm no expert on the matter and I would like to hear a driver(Danno) thoughts on the subject.
    I'm glad you said LIKED as in past tense.
    The New Zealand system has changed.
    False starts only occur when an innocent runner is interfered with...i.e. breaking in the score up affecting only yourself = goneburger.
    If you interfere with another runner a false start will be called. The driver of the offender in his/her sole discretion will choose to stay in the draw or go ODM.
    If the choice is to stay in the draw and begins cleanly...fine but to break again in the restart = instant late scratch and ODM next 4 starts.
    If the choice is ODM =ODM next 4 starts.
    This is very similar to what Adam is suggesting I think.
    Last edited by teecee; 11-14-2013 at 10:52 PM.