Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should Harness Racing Introduce Drivers Colours?

Hybrid View

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    My point is...the original question on Twitter asked if drivers colours should be introduced.

As nine out of the top ten drivers have colours registered, they already own "drivers colours". As would each person who already holds a trainer/driver licence.

I dont feel people should be encouraged to buy horses at the sales "but sorry you cannot have your own silks".

Surely much more serious issues regarding the future of our sport than this one that gets bought up on ITG each year.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Amlin View Post
    My point is...the original question on Twitter asked if drivers colours should be introduced.

As nine out of the top ten drivers have colours registered, they already own "drivers colours". As would each person who already holds a trainer/driver licence.

I dont feel people should be encouraged to buy horses at the sales "but sorry you cannot have your own silks".

Surely much more serious issues regarding the future of our sport than this one that gets bought up on ITG each year.
    Kyle, When Alford and co are driving for Emma Stewart, David Aiken, Dean Braun etc they aren't wearing drivers colours. It is a completely different dynamic.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Kyle, When Alford and co are driving for Emma Stewart, David Aiken, Dean Braun etc they aren't wearing drivers colours. It is a completely different dynamic.
    But would Alford be required to wear his own set instead if they introduced drivers colours rather than Braun's etc?

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Drivers colours will do absolutely nothing to benefit harness
    racing.

Once again agree, with most of your points Mitch, none moreso than this one line, which is the relevant one for this thread.

A complete waste of time and energy chasing " drivers colours" as any sort of antidote to the decline in Harness racing's relevance, to be quite honest I'm dissapointed with myself for giving the thread another post.

Cheers,
    Dan.

+ Reply to Thread