Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
The ID noms have become a complete farce. Shane Tritton has 15 nominated and apart from SSL, MB, Easy on the Eye, Mark Dennis and possibly Arghal and possibly Aspiring Artist the rest should not even be allowed to nominate.
Of the ST noms 8 are 300-1 and 4 are 150-1 and are hardly up and coming horses and have been around with Shane for long enough to know they are just not good enough.
Makes a mockery of the free entry.

While I initially agreed when I read this, on reflection, I really should have been more on the ball. I would have liked our horse with Ian Wilson to have been nominated. The reason being, with the series moving to the west for the next 3 years, he more than likely won't have another opportunity.

It's not for another few months and a lot can happen in that time. When we first moved him to Sydney, he was reasonably competitive against the likes of Beautide and to a lesser degree Courage to Rule. A few months after racing against that pair a number of times, Beautide was winning Miracle Miles and just about everything else he was in, while Courage to Rule had gone amiss.

I'm in no way saying he will do a Beautide but there's a few more months to go to see if he can improve enough after having a long spell. He did chase home Courage to Rule last start and finished around 15m adrift in 1.51.1, that worked out to around 1.52.2 for my horse which is the quickest he's ever covered the mile at Menangle.

You always hope for the best for your horses and it would have done no harm to nominate him, he has beaten home quite a few of the horses nominated. He's actually running against a couple of nominees tomorrow night.

If he didn't progress any further then, no harm, no foul. Anyway, that's my fault and my brother's for not even considering it.