Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Black cavier

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Aussiebreno, your equation is pretty good.Where it falls down is the inclusion of Ortensia. You mentioned about never punting again....well this is one horse I will never have any problems with.As I've said before O's always flying at the finish but never gets there.I backed her in the C F Orr Stakes.She sat one out and one back, ran into second halfway up the strait and got passed by Heart Of Dreams and finished third. I know another great champion was in the race,but Typhoon Tracey had been out of sorts for a while.I thought 1400 would have suited her but obviously not.So I'm passing on her in the future.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Aussiebreno, your equation is pretty good.Where it falls down is the inclusion of Ortensia. You mentioned about never punting again....well this is one horse I will never have any problems with.As I've said before O's always flying at the finish but never gets there.I backed her in the C F Orr Stakes.She sat one out and one back, ran into second halfway up the strait and got passed by Heart Of Dreams and finished third. I know another great champion was in the race,but Typhoon Tracey had been out of sorts for a while.I thought 1400 would have suited her but obviously not.So I'm passing on her in the future.
    You reckon you never had any problems with Ortensia....you say shes always flying at the finish but never gets there...then next breath say she got into second but then got passed....hmmm

You call Typhoon Tracy a great champion but wont give Black Caviar a higher credit. I can't get my head around that one.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Hi aussiebreno, I should have been a little more explicative regarding Ortensia. I meant I would never have any problems with her because I wont be backing her. A little over zealous with the great champion tag on Typhoon Tracy,probably more a great horse than great champion. "Great champion"," champion", are terms I rarely use on horses these days. I've been around horses for forty years and have been fortunate to see every great champion pacer of the past to race in the flesh. So I hesitate at labeling a lot of today's equines with the somewhat over used cliched tag - champion

Junior Member Foal regal will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    I've noticed that the connections of Hay List have decided not to take him to Royal Ascot - smart move. What really gets up my nose is the way people are all to eager to declare a horse a champion, put it on a pedestal and idolize it.I have nothing against the horse, I think she is a champion, but she has nothing to measure her ability by. Most of the great sprinters of the world head to the big international sprints where the big money is,that is where you find out how good they are.It is no point in" saying let them come here to race"because we've got no money. I'm sure they would if we did. So hopefully, in the future, BC can put her champion tag on the line and follow some of the other great sprinters of the world. Then we can see how good she is. I,m happy the connections have no plans to take her overseas as a four year old but maybe next year. We have been far too carried away by the international ratings system declaring her the best sprinter in the world.
    Yes 1 million $ Newmarket, 1million $ TJ Smith, yes we have no prizemoney,we are going badly here aren't we!!!!!! Its a shame Black Caviar has to go to bris for the paltry $400 000 BTC cup, and with the dollar trading at about 1.05 US and 64 pence. A meeting in the uk a week or so ago was giving away about$26000 in prizemoney for a 7 event gallops card!!! Maybe Black Caviar will get a little indigestion afterwards but she will eat any sprinter in the world!

triplev123
    Black Cavier? Isn't a Cavier a rodent of some kind...something like a Guinea Pig or a Hamster?
    Why would anyone name a horse after one of them...a childhood pet perhaps?

Junior Member Foal regal1 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Black Cavier? Isn't a Cavier a rodent of some kind...something like a Guinea Pig or a Hamster?
    Why would anyone name a horse after one of them...a childhood pet perhaps?
    It is Black Caviar as in the fish egg delicacy.

triplev123
    Ok, was looking at the Thread title.
    Incidentally, ever seen the fish they pull the Caviar from? Plug Ugly S-O-B's.

If you were out fishing & hauled one of them in you'd club it with a shovel in a heartbeat.
    Looks a fair bit like Julia Gillard come to think of it...only no doubt the fish would know the difference between Hyperbole and HYPER-BOWL.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Ok, was looking at the Thread title.
    Incidentally, ever seen the fish they pull the Caviar from? Plug Ugly S-O-B's.

If you were out fishing & hauled one of them in you'd club it with a shovel in a heartbeat.
    Looks a fair bit like Julia Gillard come to think of it...only no doubt the fish would know the difference between Hyperbole and HYPER-BOWL.
    I would say it may look pretty attractive to the male fish!! And am i correct in suggesting that you think people are listening to and repeating Hyperbole in regards to Black Caviar?

triplev123
    Nah, I don't watch the TB's, they don't interest me. When you leg the Monkeys up you never know what they're going to do next.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Pacers and trotters dont steer themselves

+ Reply to Thread