Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: APG SALES Sydney aand Melbourne

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Richard,

No doubt they are good stallions but I could not see them getting anywhere near the top 2/3 because BD, AM etc are in the legend status and they get full books. McArdle and WT do pretty good but not compared to the others. I am aware that WT missed 5 seasons-Can he get that back? Their success is also based around NZ mares as well this makes a huge difference

How do Western Terror and McArdle go with 2/3 year olds in Australia? How do they rate with the newer stallions and the older ones? we know their older horses are good. I am sure they are not in the top twenty this season and last season so that really curtails their chances of getting into the upper echelon.

Breeding to race depends on cost, mare and stallion location and past performance- so those things have to be weighed up before choosing the stallion. Both of those stallions have produced about 5 good winners from mares I have in Safely Kept/Armbro operative and Presidential Ball so therefore I would be hoping for a fluke.

cheers

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Richard,

Western Terror's results both in the USA and down under are very good, he has a great pedigree and I think he is a quality stallion. Nobody should be scared of breeding to him, especially if you are breeding to race. Had he kept shuttling every year there is no reason to believe that he could not have built a reputation alongside Bettors Delight, Art Major and Mach Three.
    I would think twice about sending a small mare to him.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Cardon Merger won the St Arnaud Cup today at 45/1 (with Greg Sugars in the cart).
    His prizemoney is creeping up to $100k. He is a 7yo entire by Wally Walton - maybe he could ressurect the Big Towner sire line ☺
    Actually I hope the owners do put him to a couple of mares - you never know your luck
    There is nothing wrong with the bottom half of his pedigree and his 4th dam Affleux was a VG racehorse and a favourite from Showgrounds days
    Go the homebreds!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Have to admit I have never heard of this horse before now Kev, lets hope he can get to $100,000

Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Richard will be pleased to know that Western Terror had a reasonable day at the APG sales with one going for $20k and of course Im Corzin Terror winning the Cranbourne Cup Friday night he could be well satisfied.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Have to admit I have never heard of this horse before now Kev, lets hope he can get to $100,000
    Pat, he is not going to make a sire on His ability alone
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Perth APG sale went fairly well, fillies finally kicked into gear at last with some good sales. About 25% of the horses went for $8000 or under. There were a few surprises with the fillies. Sportswriter sales improved a bit, he is fairly popular in the West. Alta Christiano went pretty well although I have no idea why and Auckland Reactor shook off the Karaka blues to get a couple of good results. Nearly all the stallions had at least one good result. A few Perth trainers I talked to spoke highly of the way APG conducted the sale especially the administration side of it. The mare quality IMO was a bit below the Melbourne/Sydney sales.

Senior Member Colt alphastud will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Richard .
    Occupation
    1300 078 237
    Horses
    TIGER TARA NZ $3,500, LIVE OR DIE USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan of Jate View Post
    Richard,

No doubt they are good stallions but I could not see them getting anywhere near the top 2/3 because BD, AM etc are in the legend status and they get full books. McArdle and WT do pretty good but not compared to the others. I am aware that WT missed 5 seasons-Can he get that back? Their success is also based around NZ mares as well this makes a huge difference

How do Western Terror and McArdle go with 2/3 year olds in Australia? How do they rate with the newer stallions and the older ones? we know their older horses are good. I am sure they are not in the top twenty this season and last season so that really curtails their chances of getting into the upper echelon.

Breeding to race depends on cost, mare and stallion location and past performance- so those things have to be weighed up before choosing the stallion. Both of those stallions have produced about 5 good winners from mares I have in Safely Kept/Armbro operative and Presidential Ball so therefore I would be hoping for a fluke.

cheers
    Good insight Pat. Yes, the stallions BD and AM have literally boolted in terms of thair popularity, gross prizemoney won etc. .
    However, some other stallions do compete on performance. - I'll provide some info. on them later.

Re. WT and McArdle 2YO/3YO
    Western Terror doesn't have any 3yr olds in Australia and so can't compete. It's probably too early in the season to compare 2yr olds.
    McArdle had 14 live foals in the 2012/13 season that were Australian bred. This sample size is too small to analyse however, they've won $99,449 and are running at a $7,103 average.
    In the US, McArdle's 2016 2YO's (so this years 3YO's) earned $1,275,790 ($13,152 ave). Art Major in comparison earned $1,425,121 ($13,196 ave). Western Terror earned $782,137 ($17,776 ave). He's NZ bred however did you see Our Wolf Of Wall Street's second start in Australia on the Bathurst track?

Well done on your winners. Cheers,
    Last edited by alphastud; 03-08-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Senior Member Colt alphastud will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Richard .
    Occupation
    1300 078 237
    Horses
    TIGER TARA NZ $3,500, LIVE OR DIE USA
    I'm more happy for the buyers getting good value. Unfortunately, I have no financial interest in Western Terror. I have a 2YO WT filly who isn't showing much atm.

Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Eliteblood, I assume you are alluding to Western terrors size 15.2 hands as to why someone should think twice about sending him a small mare. So how would that go with Bettors delight who I hear is a very small stallion, definitley smaller than Western Terror. cheers

+ Reply to Thread