Just noticed Trevor's posts as I was penning a post. Just two words, totally agree. How far would driver colours take us, I was going to say in my original post, would be lucky if it took us to the next tram stop. A geographic change but no real change to the situation.

My post in reply to yesterday:-

I only used AFL and the bont as an example as I follow the bulldogs. In the AFLW I like Erin Phillips but wouldn’t have a clue of either player’s number. On the need for numbers, AFL, you have 36 contestants versus 10 harness racers. Harness racing doesn’t have scrums and scrimmages. Well, we try not to.

I may have been brief in some of what I posted, rather than cryptic., I was up watching Roger and Novak. I didn’t post until later in the morning, I was going to delete and not bother as I envisaged your attack Dot and your inability to rationally accept people can have differing views.

I’ve given my thoughts, didn’t argue or attack yours. I was being positive in looking at promoting drivers, irrespective of colours and as I suggested on Breeders Crown day.

To clarify some insiders, not all as you’ve twisted it around to. And for that matter I don’t appreciate someone trying to misrepresent me or use me as their springboard. I wouldn’t even say you’ve been shrewd in your methods, not even cunning. A transparent and poor, attempt to redress when queried by the moderator. You’re losing credibility by the minute Dot.

There was no notion of corruption when I penned that, although I could have written some people within the sport which includes owners as well as media. However, I didn’t think the way I expressed suggested in any way anything corrupt. A person Interpreting it in that way could indicate that person believes or has knowledge of that sort of thing going on.
I may have written in the way I did, brevity, as Roger might have had three match points at that stage.

Now that you can pat yourself on the back with your attempt to denounce and misrepresent me once again, I will elaborate.

Some owners will support a driver’s pursuit as she/he is already their preferred driver and by not supporting them, she or he might jump off and on to another horse. Similarly, and nothing corrupt, some media. Like most things, there's lobbying, nothing corrupt but it's often wise to look a bit deeper into why people/s support.

Yep, I realise the VRT comes in August 1 and yes restraint of trade, for a driver who also trains still going to VCAT if they’re put out for a serious training offence. Not sure the Act has the power to disqualify both licences i.e. no restraint of trade VCAT merit applications. Even if the VRT does/can disqualify, as opposed to a suspension of just one licence and it goes no further, great, but that still doesn’t do anything to change my position on driver colours.

I gave a couple of examples of younger media personalities with a profile not in support of driver colours. One comes from within the industry and one who has come from outside.

Making a reference to Kati’s post 44, some more wise heads have also suggested driver colours are way down the list of things to worry about, if at all.