Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
I see Act Now getting the lead, either immediately (because Shadow decides not in their interest to burn too much energy early) or from the death to the lead when someone (Ego?) comes looking for the death. If he is not flat from last week (I hope not, he is a pretty strong type) and Jodi rates him well, I think he then wins - the distance is not a problem and I would be happy with Shadow on his back compared to some others
The other scenario I see is still Honolua crosses Shadow then Act Now crosses - Honolua on Act Now's back and it becomes a 50/50

St Louis has good gate speed too so maybe he comes looking first and then gets cover from stablemate Ego persisting - very tricky for Ego as Beyond Delight, splitting the stablemates, could keep him posted early. Mind you St Louis could get posted too if Mach is hard up on Act Now's back
The betting moves suggest Ego getting cover from St Louis but with the draws it is hard to see that happening

As you said the - first 100m will tell the story AND it could be sensational
Yes those scenarios with Act Now are certainly plausible. I think the futures bet on Act Now has me reading the race pessimistically for him rather than being objective.

I don't see Louis having a great time of things whatever happens.