Quote Originally Posted by Mark Croatto View Post
Yes, I would agree that NSW is in a stronger position as a result of the sale, but as I said, Harness Racing NSW did not own Harold Park.

NSW's stronger financial position was aided significantly by the repayment of monies paid to the NSW Harness Racing Club from the state industry's Racecourse Development Fund. The NSW Harness Racing Club was not compelled to pay back those monies but chose to do so in the interest to better the code in this State. The feature races conducted at Menangle would not be for the values they are today if it were not for the sale of Harold Park.

That said, this State's stronger financial position, its higher across the board prizemoney levels, has come about because in addition to the Harold Park sale, we have had strong revenues from the TAB, corporate bookmakers, point of consumption tax, and TAX parity as mentioned previously. The sale of Harold Park is one of a number of improved elements that have benefitted NSW.
Hi Mark . When we were participants , the Authority promised huge increases in prize money to get the sale of Harold Park through without too many objections . That's why I and everyone else , that I know, connected it's sale with prize money . If you are right , then what happens to all that doe if harness racing goes bust . What you're saying is that the NSW Harness Racing Club is another entity altogether and can survive and thrive without harness racing . I remember that a story went around that the NSWHRC had bought a property near the Sydney Harbor Bridge that cost , from memory , $50 odd million , but that could be just a story , but it does make you think .