Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Going forward with only 6. 2yo race today at Menangle.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Going forward with only 6. 2yo race today at Menangle.

Nice work NSWHRC. Good to see today's 2yo race going forward for the full $ but with a less than full field. That's the spirit. A little bit goes a long way.

aussiebreno
    Good stuff now can they expand these 6 horse 2yos down to the Riverina.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Totally agree triple. Nice to see the race go ahead. Great stuff.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Got one on Winton.
    Cut the stake for the 2yo on Saturday by $500 for every starter less than 10.
    The race went ahead for 7 starters and a total stake of $3500 rather than the original $5000.
    It's good that they have found a solution to getting arace up for those wanting to go round especially when they are looking for Jewels starts just around the corner.
    Earlier they just ran them as trials when small fields ensued. Accepted winning a 3.5k race wont get you into the jewels alone but it may mean the difference between 13 and 12 on the list of entry.
    Dont want to be too negative and say soon it will be no 2yo race fields cos it's not worth breeding..!!!

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    For the sake of the Owners & the Trainers of such horses I think it's vital that these races go ahead.
    I know the Bathurst Gold Crown/Gold Tiara Carnival starts this week...today in fact I think?...but not everyone's eligible for/wants to take their youngsters to Bathurst.
    Added to it is that for years & years there has been this inexplicable mindset that nobody ever seems to program any 2yo races at other venues during the Bathurst Carnival.
    Swimming against the usual tide, Menangle (Bulli) had a full field of 2R's on Monday and then the abovementioned 6 x 2C's on Tuesday and I think that's pretty damned good. There are 14 or so non-Bathurst 2yos that got a start that otherwise tend struggle to get a start anywhere at this time of year.
    I hope it continues.
    Back to the mindset aspect for a moment or two...there seems to be a pretty ordinary outlook that pervades 2yo race programming Australia wide whereby whenever there are big $ Futurities/Sales races on race programmers take a powder or they simply take off their heads and put on Pumpkins.
    They so often seem to forget that there are a whole swag of youngsters out there that are either not eligible, not good enough or their owners are simply unwilling or unable to travel with them...youngsters that are nevertheless still ready, willing & able to race in local bread & butter 2yo events.

+ Reply to Thread