Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
Happy to put my name up Brendon, as i and others have mentioned many times "too many things" need to go right for him to win. i totally believe he can win, but, the stars all have to align and the Gods must all agree. If he is "out" and under big pressure at the top of the LOOOONG Menangle straight, his little heart will pop about 50m out. So Hall has all the pressure on him to conserve his little baby 99.9% until the last 150m, if he can do that and of course not use ANYTHING at the start he is in with a chance.
Fully agree and my "opinion" was posted well before the heats and barrier draw."IMO" the draw has not done GHj any favours at all.If he goes back,as he has said is his preferred racing pattern,the second row horses become obstacles to dropping into a 1 x 4 possie. Luck's a fortune but it is more likely that he will need to go right back rather than lob mid-field.
The really interesting scenario is if GHj decides to go forward,lead then hand up ASAP, [and the horse has the speed to do that].
First problem, is that the horses drawn inside will not want to hand up and even if GHj gets the front we know he will hand-up hoping to get sucked along leading to second problem.
There will be more than one horse/driver wanting to get to the front over 3200.It is quite likely that ITMQ could be four back on the rails and could GHj rely on the good manners of the other drivers to let him off the fence when he needs a run?
What is TTL doing while all of this is going on? Well may we ask,"how many beans make five?"
Buggered if I know, but the barrier draw has made it a most intriguing race,run to first turn will be charge of the Light Brigade but the moves in running will be fascinating.

As I have wondered about how the race will be run, a little niggle comes along that this final might provide a boilover.Who could it be is the question?