Roll With Joe
Closed Thread

Thread: Drivers' Colours or Not?

Hybrid View

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Sorry Dot, but I think the whole sport needs promoting not just drivers. People already follow drivers, their names are in the form guide. The horses are the stars. Giving drivers their own colours would not work. People know horses by the trainers or owners colours , if a horse had different colours all the time it would be too confusing for everyone.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    Sorry Dot, but I think the whole sport needs promoting not just drivers. People already follow drivers, their names are in the form guide. The horses are the stars. Giving drivers their own colours would not work. People know horses by the trainers or owners colours , if a horse had different colours all the time it would be too confusing for everyone.
    So if making our leading drivers who occupy more screen time then anyone or anything else in the industry more easily identifiable to harness diehards and newbies alike isn’t the best way to promote the whole sport then what is? Sure a champion horse is of immeasurable benefit but let’s face it they don’t grow on trees. Not even the incomparable Lazarus could have run in front of the cameras in several races a day seven days a week.....

Next someone will be telling me the best way to market the sport would be to velcro the trainer, owner and breeders name to the drivers pants each race.......

Closed Thread