Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VRT Victorian Racing Tribunal

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

VRT Victorian Racing Tribunal

Is nobody working at the VRT or is it just their website manager that has gone on holidays
    The date on the last decision posted on the website is from almost 4 weeks ago

You might remember the Lisa Miles ruling on July 9 with the usual attached
    (Please note that VRT Decisions will generally be published within 7-10 days of the date of hearing)
    Try longer
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    They tell me that they have a backlog and the Lisa Miles decision should probably be on their site by the end of the week

At least they seem to be miles ahead of VicRoads. Sent them an email and got a Receipt number saying they would reply within 7 working days - any way it has been triple that so I rang them this morning and was on the phone for 75 minutes to simply quote my inquiry number and request a reply. Amazingly only 15 minutes to get through but then they played 'pass the parcel' with me for an hour and in the end lodged a complaint on my behalf (with another Receipt number) all the while seeming to be more interested in covering their butts than anything else. I now wait another 7 days (+?) for a reply
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Synephrine is a substance found in various forms of weeds and hay. It has the potential to enhance performance. How it found its way into Shes A Hovercraft’s system is unknown. You had changed merchants in relation to hay supplies, but testing of the hay proved negative. The testing of some samples of weeds and the like from your property also proved negative. Thus, how the synephrine got into the horse’s system remains a mystery, but some weeds somewhere on your 70 acre property are the most likely cause.

Mr Andrew Cusumano, on behalf of the Stewards, very fairly emphasised that there is no suggestion that this substance was knowingly or willingly put into the horse’s system. Nor is it suggested that it occurred as the result of any negligence or carelessness on your part.

To read the full decison go to

https://djpr.vic.gov.au/victorian-ra...ns-and-reasons

They were Very understanding. As stated LM has 30 horses at her property, it would have been interesting if SAH was the only one with synephrine in its system, mind you by the time the positive was discovered a fair amount of time had no doubt passed as this case was not heard until 9mths after the race in question
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread