Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sprint lane debate once and for all!!!!

Hybrid View

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Instead of jumping up and down like a startled rabbit (if that's what they do!) ????!!!!!!

Have you been drinking Lenny?

Why should the trailing horse be GUARANTEED a fair crack Lenny. If every horse is guaranteed a fair crack then I might go along with it - cannot imagine the gallops world bringing in a sprint lane or preventing jockeys from keeping horses in a pocket. Big tracks with long straights are probably best for giving nearly every runner a chance of a fair crack, as I have explained it sucks (to me) that the trailing horse who has generally had the softest run is guaranteed a run in the straight

It is just my opinion and I have started the thread to open up the debate - I will put you down as for sprint lanes

I agree that many horses are incapable of taking the presented run but in finals after heats like last night's Oaks, I think there would have been a few happy and capable of using that barrier draw

ps I can go a year without a bet even though I attend plenty of meetings - so I am not talking through my pocket

The comparison of harness to gallops is not entirely fair. Gallopers do not need the size of gap that harness horses need to secure a run. There is the issue of the sulky behind.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    The comparison of harness to gallops is not entirely fair. Gallopers do not need the size of gap that harness horses need to secure a run. There is the issue of the sulky behind.
    I hear you teecee but gallopers do still get held up if the jockey does not read the situation correctly and jockeys are praised when they stitch up their opposition by keeping them in a pocket
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread