Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium Gold Sale????

nat
    Its hard to get the studs to drop fees it is a costly exercise shutteling stallions but on the other hand as these fillies are the breeding future more so than colts in this part of the world, would it be idea then for the governing body to waver fees for fillies when born no registration fees at all ?

I had a filly born this year in Victoria to a NZ sire slapped with a $300 registration insted of $175 because she is by a NZ pacing stallion the import registration on a Filly/Mare into Victoria is $135 this is what the breeder is up against

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Mightymo
    I don't like the 3 $2000 bonuses either if you read my post you will see that i would rather a one of $5,000 bonus for both fillies and colts as a 3yr old or as you said there first win. And i do agree with you on the buybacks, the main reason i said to bring the fee down for non sale entrants was because i know of people who put there horses in the sale only to buy them back which most of the times works out cheaper for them then paying up for the non sale. And i would love to see fillies/mares only races programmed a lot more.
    im suggesting a $6000 bonus for fillies, but not for colts

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Mightymo
    I do agree more has to be done for fillies/mare's as they are our breeding stock of the future but i believe it shouldn't be done through a race series where a colt and a filly have the same race payments it should be done by each state programming more fillies/mare's only race's. And as i said about 2wks ago in a post my preference is to race fillies but i can see people's points of view about paying up for a colt only to recieve less than a filly. And just so you know that i'm not being bias towards the colts as i only have 2 foals on the ground at present and hopefully they will go to the sale and they are fillies so by me saying this isn't helping me out any.

triplev123
    G'day Sue,

Years ago Direct Scooter stood to a fee that was discounted for fillies on the basis that as racehorses his fillies actually were or they were perceived by the marketplace to be inferior to his colts. It was quite easy to institute because he stood on the US basis of Pay On Live Foal so you knew what you had and paid accordingly...but nevertheless I think that the idea has great merit. Whether or not Southern Hemisphere Farms see it that way is another matter.
    Personally I've come to believe that there should be a fee discount across the board for resultant fillies. If the various State and National Bodies continue to do nothing meaningful by way of levelling up racing opportunities for fillies & mares then clearly something has to give somewhere else because it cannot continue as it is. In no small way is their value relative to colts the result of the fact that here in Australia 2yo fillies either have to race the 2yo colts & geldings or if not, stay at home in their stables and not race at all. In my opinion that is nothing short of a NATIONAL DISGRACE.

buster
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    They can do things like inseminating a tad early or delaying it a bit to increase the liklihood of a colt or a filly. It might be the difference from inseminating that evening or rather first thing the next morning. Obviously its not completely accurate but sometimes you do want one more than the other, for whatever reasons...
    they can actually now screen the semen somehow to increase the chances, could be up to 80-90%, it started off as being used in the dairy industry as steers are worthless to them

yes flash people would run them up etc but at least they actually go through the ring and if someone has a big budget then they could still buy the horse, plenty go through the ring now that are not for sale

if they can't increase the returns through prizemoney then the obvious option is to reduce costs, and i think hrnsw and hrv could help the breeding industry through this too - all those fees and regos add up and people dont need more incentives not to want a horse

buster
    i think the vicbred bonus' are the best

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    i think the vicbred bonus' are the best
    Agreed.

triplev123
    Speaking of Bonus $ & so on, the announcement of Prizemoney Increases here in NSW and particularly at Menangle will be something to behold. Starts from July 1st this year. I hear it'll be something along the lines of C0's etc up to 12k then Metro grade events starting at 20k for M0's & then stepped upwards from there at intervals through to M3/4+'s for 28k. Whatever the exacts happen to be it will be the highest prizemoney available in Australia. BRING IT ON!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Speaking of Bonus $ & so on, the announcement of Prizemoney Increases here in NSW and particularly at Menangle will be something to behold. Starts from July 1st this year. I hear it'll be something along the lines of C0's etc up to 12k then Metro grade events starting at 20k for M0's & then stepped upwards from there at intervals through to M3/4+'s for 28k. Whatever the exacts happen to be it will be the highest prizemoney available in Australia. BRING IT ON!
    Just as long as they haven't got too greedy with the benefits this early on I am all for it.

buster
    pity i wont have a horse good enough to win there ever

+ Reply to Thread