Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good drives! :)

Flashing Red

Good drives! :)

There has been a lot of negativity about drives on here lately - I thought it would be great to mention that some absolute crackers get driven too.

Yes, I do have a bit of bias in this example, but taking that away I thought it was a very smart drive from a driver as young as Peter McMullen, I really do think he has a great future in the sport

http://www.harness.org.au/video/qld/REC21091111.wmv

triplev123

Ladies & Gentlemen, it's those wonderful clean cut kids from Hooray for Everything!

Flashing Red
    When a thread i started due to a "bad" drive it goes on for 5 pages.

Has no-one really seen a drive lately and thought "gee that was nice to watch!"??????????? Or even favourite drivers?

aussiebreno
    Yesterday I reverse parked in a busy shopping centre. Thought that was quality driving tbh.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Yesterday I reverse parked in a busy shopping centre. Thought that was quality driving tbh.
    Classic breno .

I haven't seen too many drives lately that inspire me to post any glowing reviews in this thread.

I am a rather "ordinary" reverse parker , so my wife says , so naturally she must be right :-)

Flashing Red
    Hmmmm driving taxis part time has polished of my parking skills!

And re drivers.... the more I see of Greg Sugars the more I like him! What a great future he has in this industry too.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    I will certainly agree that Greg is a very impressive driver. Seems to do a lot of thinking during the race and can read other drivers around him and use that to his advantage.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    Hmmmm driving taxis part time has polished of my parking skills!

And re drivers.... the more I see of Greg Sugars the more I like him! What a great future he has in this industry too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozninja View Post
    I will certainly agree that Greg is a very impressive driver. Seems to do a lot of thinking during the race and can read other drivers around him and use that to his advantage.
    +1

Going to win a few Vic premierships in years to come I would imagine.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    I think it is relatively simple, any drive that escapes criticism must be a good drive! Though I do belong to the school of thought that the best drivers in the land are in the grandstand!

Flashing Red
    You're right!

I must admit that I am guilty of being a grandstand driver on occasions! It's hard when you put in SO much effort during the week, making sure your horse is spot on, only to have it slaughtered! Guess it just makes these cracker drives even better. Pete was certainly giving me a heart attack mid race - but it turned out perfect. Watched the replay several times - it's a beauty!!

+ Reply to Thread