+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IDEAS on how we can improve Harness Racing

Hybrid View

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    I was watching one of the races that was implicated in the NZ arrests today and I realised harness racing is just so ... dull. Compared to the Gallops' vibrant silks, grass and fashion, harness racing looks like it was filmed with a potato and aired through a black and white TV with a bent aerial.

How can you get excited about something that looks so goddam DATED? Millennials want flashy, new, bright, tech forward entertainment. Not some old man rambling off a bunch of horses going round and round in grey and off white.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by KTQ View Post
    I was watching one of the races that was implicated in the NZ arrests today and I realised harness racing is just so ... dull. Compared to the Gallops' vibrant silks, grass and fashion, harness racing looks like it was filmed with a potato and aired through a black and white TV with a bent aerial.

How can you get excited about something that looks so goddam DATED? Millennials want flashy, new, bright, tech forward entertainment. Not some old man rambling off a bunch of horses going round and round in grey and off white.
    And Australia doesn't even have as many close ups as NZ does (thanks to their split screen). I have always said that the gallop's green grass is a much better backdrop than grit.
    The gallops without all the gear let you see that horses are beautiful animals but close-ups of our trotters should be able to come close. Some stables have introduced more colour like the Tritton's fluoro pink
    I have found watching Vic races in a much higher definition (and assisted by my computer screen being smaller and me closer) a big improvement on Sky
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread