Not much value but these are my plays for tonight.
AVONNOVA Albion Park R5 @ $1.65 Sportsbet
Using this guy to boost the price of my weekend sports multis. I reckon he's currently the states best pacer and will be more than capable of sitting 3 wide over the final lap in winning comfortably. I rate him $1.30.
IM SMOULDERING Melton R6 @ $2.50 Sportsbet
Fact: IT IS BILLY is the best horse in the race but is probably a better stayer than sprinter
Fact: it is nigh on impossible to snag back to last and come round the entire field at Melton going 1.54 when 'normal' race tempo presents
Fact: if the 1 begins as well as it did last week it will be leading.
I'm betting on G Lang's nouse here. Believe there may be a soft lead (3 & 7 capable of preventing this) and reckon he can push the go button at the appropriate stage to beat the 8. I would have preferred to try and Lay the 8 at around $2.40 but alas, I'll be at the footy so I'm punting on Gav.
MAGICAL TELF Melton R7 @ $2.25 Sportsbet
I believe he is clearly the best horse in the race and although there looks to be a distinct lack of pace in the race I rate him $1.70. In this field he is good enough to go against his regular racing pattern and search for a prominent spot. If for some reason there is a bit of pressure on the leader (1), he will simply dive bomb them from back in the field. Dangers: bad luck/drive
***STENT to PLACE Melton R8 for reasons mentioned before. Current top odds $2.30 with Sportingbet. I'm on @ $2- (Sportsbet) & $2.10 with B365 (usually the best option as they match the tote price if it happens to pay more than the fixed price u chose.....provided of course u can keep an account open with them). Have also had a few goes at the win @ $6.50 with Sportsbet.......only because they are offering money back if u run 2nd or 3rd (up to $100).
GL to those punting tonight!