Nat Ray winner found dead at Roydon Lodge in Christchurch,

triplev123
    Geeze, how bloody awful.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Terrible news, I was of the thinking for along time that it would get easier the feelings you have when you lose a horse. Very wrong was I, it gets harder.

Flashing Red
    There is nothing worse then tucking them in at night with nothing amiss and going to feed them in the morning and they are dead. It is heart wrenching. Horses are heart breakers sometimes.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I had an old horse 4years ago i had won only 4 races but averaged $250 odd dollar's a start with him for 60 start's and told people he's no champion but he's my champion fed him in the morning went off to Bathurst sales bought a horse for a client came home and their he was dead in his box and i still haven't got over losing the old bloke losing other horse's worries you but when a special one goes it makes it hard to take
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    On July 28th I always have a day to toast of my old mate who's stable name was Bob he was 18 when he passed. He was a bit like yours Greg, he was my champion. He raced 39 times 4 wins, 7 seconds 13 thirds and never finished any further back than 5th. We went everywhere together. I would go on a holiday and pack the kids in the car and head off with Bob in the float and we would find a race somehwere. He taught me more about the game than any human. I found him one morning down near his favourite trees and watering hole. He's buried there also.

triplev123
    G'day Don C.
    Such sentiments are why I say that I'd rather be around horses than most people I know.
    Non horse people don't understand.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    You're right on that one triple - the more I am with people, the more I love my horses.............

triplev123
    I'm off to do the broodmares feet this morning. Had literacy groups up at the school on the agenda but was told it has been canned today for some reason or other. Let me see...30 odd noisy kids for 2 hrs or some cranky, fat & ready to pop mares...30 odd noisy kids for 2 hrs or some cranky, fat & ready to pop mares....hmmmm, errrrr....mares thanks.

+ Reply to Thread