Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jereme's Jet

Hybrid View

Member Yearling jammsb will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    I don't know this Thomas Johnson. But I am rather shocked by what he says about Western Hanover and his line. Does he not realize that WH is THE ALL TIME LEADING MONEY PRODUCING SIRE!! He has sired the winners of more money than any stallion in the history of any breed. Furthermore, he didn't start out on top. He started at an extremely modest stud fee of $4,000. In his first few books, there were very few if any, quality mares. Actually in retrospect, the only mare of any quality in his first book was Rich N Elegant, before she was "Rich N Elegant". At the time she was a maiden mare who finished her racing career racing in modest claiming events. I wonder how many great horses Mr Johnson has bred and owned.

Member Yearling Joe Fitz will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by jammsb View Post
    I don't know this Thomas Johnson. But I am rather shocked by what he says about Western Hanover and his line. Does he not realize that WH is THE ALL TIME LEADING MONEY PRODUCING SIRE!! He has sired the winners of more money than any stallion in the history of any breed. Furthermore, he didn't start out on top. He started at an extremely modest stud fee of $4,000. In his first few books, there were very few if any, quality mares. Actually in retrospect, the only mare of any quality in his first book was Rich N Elegant, before she was "Rich N Elegant". At the time she was a maiden mare who finished her racing career racing in modest claiming events. I wonder how many great horses Mr Johnson has bred and owned.
    Artsplace was certainly privileged over Western Hanover by those in the business of breeding horses, and the latter deserves much admiration for overcoming his comparatively modest opportunities and becoming the great stallion he turned into.
    Last edited by Joe Fitz; 11-23-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    I never said that Western Hanover is not a great producing sire. I am fully aware of his unreal ability to produce racehorses. What I said was that I am not a fan of Western Hanover and that I was trying to say that "I do not know if he will make it as a sire of sires" to date he has got a lot to prove as a sirer of sires and I that the only chance that I can see him doing that is with Western Ideal and now maybe Jeremes Jet. I too like the fact that Jereme mother is by a Abercrombie lined stallion in Sportsmaster and that may give him an edge that the whole Western Hanover line needs to be a real sire of sires. Good luck to all breeders that have bred a Jereme Jets. Having an opinion is what this forum is about as every person is entitled to there own view.

Member Gelding trotpace will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown

Western Hanover and his line

I agree and find his statements amusing.

+ Reply to Thread