Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why are people walking away from harness racing?

Hybrid View

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Just for the record, the previous trainer (Dean Chapple) has said on FB that on Monday the horse was running "30 quarters all day" for him at Tamworth and in his reckoning, that approximates 29s quarters at Newcastle... adding that up... 1.56 mile rate... it then goes to the Tritton's stable, gets a few minor gear changes and a driver we all know adds a few lengths to them in front...... and backs it up the week later with a similar mile rate.......

Adam, I have read some of your comments in the past, and believe they have been an accurate portrayal of discussions on these posts...........BUT, I cannot have that this horse has not improved in the short period of time with it's new trainer/driver combo.......In it's last 12 or so runs in the past 18 months at Newcastle it is lucky to have broken 2 minutes!!! The horse was not hopeless with the previous trainer, but often had some bad luck in races with getting a check and gear problems etc, but in general, it had not performed to the 1:55-57 mile rate during an actual race. It has improved significantly, and is racing stronger to the line than previously! This has been just one of many improved horses, and I salute the trainer for his ability to do this!
    I think there will be a traffic jam outside his property tomorrow morning with horses being delivered from everywhere!
    I put Shane in the "Chris Waller" category of trainers, it is great to see this happening, I hope people get right behind him!
    I watched his interview on Trots TV with Dale Walker..... a great interview, and Shane was so honest I could not believe it.....he is obviously intelligent, but a good person to go with it!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    Just for the record, the previous trainer (Dean Chapple) has said on FB that on Monday the horse was running "30 quarters all day" for him at Tamworth and in his reckoning, that approximates 29s quarters at Newcastle... adding that up... 1.56 mile rate... it then goes to the Tritton's stable, gets a few minor gear changes and a driver we all know adds a few lengths to them in front...... and backs it up the week later with a similar mile rate.......

Adam, I have read some of your comments in the past, and believe they have been an accurate portrayal of discussions on these posts...........BUT, I cannot have that this horse has not improved in the short period of time with it's new trainer/driver combo.......In it's last 12 or so runs in the past 18 months at Newcastle it is lucky to have broken 2 minutes!!! The horse was not hopeless with the previous trainer, but often had some bad luck in races with getting a check and gear problems etc, but in general, it had not performed to the 1:55-57 mile rate during an actual race. It has improved significantly, and is racing stronger to the line than previously! This has been just one of many improved horses, and I salute the trainer for his ability to do this!
    I think there will be a traffic jam outside his property tomorrow morning with horses being delivered from everywhere!
    I put Shane in the "Chris Waller" category of trainers, it is great to see this happening, I hope people get right behind him!
    I watched his interview on Trots TV with Dale Walker..... a great interview, and Shane was so honest I could not believe it.....he is obviously intelligent, but a good person to go with it!
    I have had enough of these so called super trainers improving horses out of sight. They are doing something that other trainers aren't, but so far it hasn't been revealed. There are a couple of glaring examples floating around Australia at the moment. Over the decades I've come across these trainers who were unbeatable and then inexplicably disappear.

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee
    if he`s clean he will succeed,if he`s not they will get him....time will tell rod.

+ Reply to Thread