Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tough run two in a row!

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler

Tough run two in a row!

Lettucereason - tough run to win at Goulburn last week, Luke's drive tonight I thought though set the filly a hard one again!

At Goulburn, she was served up a hard run by other idiots in the race, but Lukey boy, I'm a big fan but I personally thought that wasn't one of your specials.

Full credit to the winner Marquess De Posh as well, hummed off the car and was made to take the lead harder than it may have wanted and was finding plenty up the straight.

Will be a great Oaks series, NSW through VIC later in the season with the likes of these ones coming to the fore.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Nathan, even though I backed the winner, I'm not talking thru' my pocket. Blake beat Luke at his own game by getting to the gun position first and ensured Luke had no option but sit outside him. Just goes to prove if you want to beat Luke, you don't just hand up to him as so many do. The best part of the race was at the line when Blake looked across at Luke and flashed his big pearly whites at him as if to say GOTCHA!!! Priceless.

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Nathan, even though I backed the winner, I'm not talking thru' my pocket. Blake beat Luke at his own game by getting to the gun position first and ensured Luke had no option but sit outside him. Just goes to prove if you want to beat Luke, you don't just hand up to him as so many do. The best part of the race was at the line when Blake looked across at Luke and flashed his big pearly whites at him as if to say GOTCHA!!! Priceless.
    The main reason nearly everyone hands up to Luke is they havn't got horses good enough to hold him out & they drive accordingly. It was great to see Blake knew he had one just as good & had no intention of handing up, top drive, top horse won the race. Good on ya Blakey boy, nice smile.
    Last edited by peteboss4; 01-29-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Banned Gelding murray green will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    murray green
    Your right Pete . Luke has a stable of horses that are so well graded against the others that he can drive them anyway he likes and still win . You have to change your tactics when you come up against one that is evenly matched and Luke tried to do that , but he didn't know how good Blakes horse was . On the other hand Blake knew what he had pulling his cart . The difference was that he also knew what Luke had pulling his .

Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    I agree fellas and a lot of what you both say is what I've been saying since I came to this forum. Luke's success in the past 8-10 months is a culmination of numerous factors, one massive one being well graded horses.

The Fitzpatrick camps (Blake/Paul) have gone through a cycle of moving out the last of their Harold Park stock and now their next combined wave of youngsters are coming thru. If we all remember, it wasn't long back where the Fitzpatricks dominated in the same vein at HP.

Blake's drive was a gem and one we've come to expect. I still think Luke might only give himself a 'b' for his effort, but his filly will be back. Blake gets an 'a' and both that horse, along with Three Over Three and Waldenburg, they'll be challenging McCarthy consistently.

As I said, augurs well for good age racing for the remainder of the season.
    Last edited by Old Frank; 01-29-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: spelling

mark diegutis
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Frank View Post
    I agree fellas and a lot of what you both say is what I've been saying since I came to this forum. Luke's success in the past 8-10 months is a culmination of numerous factors, one massive one being well graded horses.

Blake's drive was a gem and one we've come to expect. I still think Luke might only give himself a 'b' for his effort, but his filly will be back. Blake gets an 'a' and both that horse, along with Three Over Three and Waldenburg, they'll be challenging McCarthy consistently.

As I said, augurs well for good age racing for the remainder of the season.

Hi Old Frank . I own Waldenburg and I give Blake an A as well . He does a great job

Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by mark diegutis View Post
    Hi Old Frank . I own Waldenburg and I give Blake an A as well . He does a great job
    Mark a question if i may & not trying to offend you but were you dissapointed by his loss on Sat night?
    Last edited by peteboss4; 01-29-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: spelling

mark diegutis
    Quote Originally Posted by peteboss4 View Post
    Mark a question if i may & not trying to offend you but were you dissapointed by his loss on Sat night?

No offence taken Pete . He didn't loose on Sat night . He came second . About 8 months ago I was absolutely rapped that he made the races and now he is in a $200K derby final . Still pinching myself .

Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    No offence taken Pete . He didn't loose on Sat night . He came second . About 8 months ago I was absolutely rapped that he made the races and now he is in a $200K derby final . Still pinching myself .
    Thats great, good to see your wrapped in your horse even though he was beaten. I don't know you but have heard you did heaps to help Mike Ilsley out, through out his entire illness, so you deserve all the sucess in the world. Good luck to you son.

Real Name
    Nathan Butler

Hi Mark, you have a fine horse. I always say to any owner, expect nothing and you'll enjoying the ride all the more.

I've seen too many owners only get disapointed and disoluisioned when they start expecting too bigger things from their horses.

You have a fine horseman in Blake pulling the strings on Waldenburg and I hope you enjoy continued success with him.

+ Reply to Thread